homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Jesusween

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Jesusween
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted October 10, 2011 14:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The children coming out to give the bibles will do it with excitement. They will not feel deprived as they will be coming out like other kids to give the Word to people. They will definitely be received by families as it is just natural not to turn a child down. The children will understand from an early age that it is fun to give the Word.

Jesusween

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2011 19:20      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 

If I encounter any one like that, my door will slam so hard, they'll think $DEITY was sending a message w/thunder.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 10, 2011 20:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's plenty of scope for making JesusWeen really scary.

You could have displays of Jesus being nailed to a cross, Mary with her chest ripped open, pointing in surprise at her exposed heart, various saints being martyred in gruesome ways while somehow maintaining rapturous expressions on their faces, damned souls being tortured in Hell...

Oh, wait, I just realised, every day is JesusWeen.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 11, 2011 15:41      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
They're going way overboard, but Christian Evangelical opposition to Halloween has been around for a while now. At least this particular group recognizes that it's very difficult to stop celebrating a holiday altogether, but much easier to reinterpret it, which is why it's been done so often throughout history.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 19, 2011 19:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How about Skaroween?
 -

EXTERMINATE OR TREAT!!!
OBEY!!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2011 15:06      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My wife just called me from the costume store.

She asked me if it was ok if she bought our 9 mo. old daughter a yoda costume for haloween, even though we have a girl.

/ me loves my wife,

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2011 17:10      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Okay, fess up, this is like Bonsai Kitten, right?

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture