homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Rigatoni Pie -or- OCD Delight

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Rigatoni Pie -or- OCD Delight
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 28, 2011 20:23      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I made a slightly smaller version of this this evening and just popped it into the oven.

If I was just making it, I suppose it would have gone faster, but I was watching a movie too, so I spent an hour and a half of poking meat sauce into rigatoni. I would suggest a pastry bag with a wide tip to speed the whole process up if you make it.

Still, it looks neat and I think it would impress guests. Too bad it's just me and my cat this evening.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2011 14:10      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did it release from the springform pan easily? It looks cool and would be a kid project that would be fun. Maybe in a cupcake tin before they got bored with a big pan. hmmmm
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 30, 2011 17:36      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A friend of mine from new Zealand was telling me a couple weeks back when people in New zealand bake pizza at home, they will often use canned spagetti (i.e. Spagettio's) as the sauce on the pizza.

I have no reason to believe he is lying other than the fact he is a new zealander.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 30, 2011 17:47      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The cheese along the top edge stuck a little, but otherwise it released well. The pasta didn't stick at all, but that's probably a combination of not needing to be baked for a long time since everything is cooked and me spraying the pasta with a bit of butter spray to keep it from sticking together.

If I was going to do it again, it would definitely be in something smaller. I used a 4.5" spring form pan and that was still enough for 4 meals because it's fairly densely packed and I don't need that many leftovers.

A muffin pan would probably make perfectly sized servings for an adult, but a cupcake pan would probably be about right for kid sized portions. I would line the cupcake pan with foil or silicon cupcake liners, though, because it won't release like a spring release pan.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture