homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Peebs in the hospital, get well soon! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Peebs in the hospital, get well soon!
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted May 28, 2011 09:20      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did you know our beloved Peebs is in the hospital? I know, it's a horrible thought and we hope she is back home and healthy soon!

There's more info on her facebook page, in case you use facebook.

Love you Peebs!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2011 09:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peeps

Get Well Soon!!

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2011 11:14      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wishing Peebs much love and the speediest of recoveries. She is one of the very best.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 11:59      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon Peebs.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 12:33      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon, Peeb's.
Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 14:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh my goodness, look at this. Wow, thanks for the well wishes GC. It's been a heck of a year. I finally managed to graduate back in December, and then January starts off with me cracking a tooth and needing a root canal, and then I started down the medical road of getting diagnosed for the thing that landed me here.

Fortunately there is virtually zero chance of me dying from this, but if things don't improve I'm probably going to need some major surgery before I go home. I'm still hoping to avoid that. Now that I know there's a thread here I'll try to keep everyone posted. After all, right now I certainly have the time!

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 29, 2011 19:25      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would also l ike to register myself with the well wishers here.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 00:36      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, no, Peebs [Frown] Best wishes!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 01:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there and get well soon! How is the little princess dealing with mommy being sick? DM worries a lot when I'm sick. Hugs to all
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 05:27      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get well soon Peebs! This is terrible!!! I hope you will be able to avoid the surgery, but if it's going to help, I hope it goes well. I knew someone who has Chrohn's and had surgery, she's living a normal life, but it's a difficult road. I wish loads and loads of health and keep us posted!
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 08:27      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kaitlin is coping pretty well. From her perspective I don't think this is much different than when I was sick at home and needed to be in bed all the time. She has brought me pictures and dolls and read me stories. I think she's okay. Josh is having a harder time of it. He has been absolutely amazing about picking up the slack and doing what needs to be done though. And he's taken wonderful care of me. I picked a really good one.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 10:13      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Eeek! I hope your recovery goes as smoothly & quickly as possible! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 13:13      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unless your Doctor can prove something has to come out, NO KNIVES. This type of problem can be managed with change of diet. I do not want you losing pieces along the way, you may need them later.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jessycat

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1171

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 16:36      Profile for Jessycat     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been following along on facebook but wanted to add my well wishes to the official GC thread, since their powers will be far more magical here among the geeks. [crazy]
Get well soon Peebs!!!!! xoxoxo

Posts: 490 | From: NYC | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 30, 2011 17:54      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Unless your Doctor can prove something has to come out, NO KNIVES. This type of problem can be managed with change of diet. I do not want you losing pieces along the way, you may need them later.

Haven't noticed any help with dietary changes. (Okay, eliminating caffeine/stimulants has helped a bit. Nothing else though.) Even putting me on nothing by mouth for a couple of days didn't change much. And there is a reversible version of the procedure I'd need that I would definitely try first.

In any case, tomorrow is a big talk with the doctors. We should have results back from all the testing and then we figure out what our options are for what to do next.

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 07:13      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad she is coping well with it and BIG cudo's to Josh for helping out. I can remember my dad trying to help out and my mom getting out of bed to fix his help. LOL

I hope the discussion goes well with the doctors. My nephew had the surgery. they hope to reverse it before the end of the year, if things go well. I hope you can have the same option, if you go forward with the surgery.

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 08:52      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Had the talk with the doctors today. Things look really bad and surgery is probably what is going to happen. However, since the surgeon is on vacation for the next week, I get to go home today. In the meantime I am seeing another doctor with a different hospital for a second opinion. I don't think it's likely he'll say anything different, but may as well check. For now I'm just happy I get to go home. Five days in the hospital is too many.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 9 posted May 31, 2011 09:09      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear. I wish there was something we could do to help. [Frown]

Second opinion is always a good idea, hope it helps. Glad you are headed home for a while anyway.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 13:48      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs get well! been following this on FB. As I said before, if blood is needed you pick a vein. It's yours.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 16:03      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry it's taken me so long to chime in with my promise of prayers and good wishes. I hope everything turns out okay, Peebs! (Feel free to add me on Facebook; I'll send you my real name via PM if you want it.)

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 31, 2011 17:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes Peebs. Hang in there...any day in the hospital is one too many.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 01, 2011 00:08      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang tough and enjoy going home.

Surgery is always to be avoided, but if it will let you go forward feeling better...

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2011 03:07      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's hoping the second opinion finds something less drastic than surgery. If that's not the case, though, I wish you a speedy recovery.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 02, 2011 21:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Peebs: Please do some research on Eastern medicine, and their treatments.

http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:cY05YYsYYawJ:www.transformyourhealth.com/articles/articlesnc/ncomega7articletyh.pdf+Chrohn%27s+/+Sea+Buckthorn&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=AD GEEShCcWjB0Gxk_cdJx9GcoFNQYRPtQV2zTZtJsRhUjq5wmwIzJddLeIrNx6CBBukwbwMlI5cx9NjKbHpDAK8bMJqV_6KB7jiAq_f8hg_DpL82f_iDYE0BstSOmbjWwJbGVhVMqp2S&sig=AHIEtbQVZ5hYgjlJ0LHC8Nhk9IWUeU46fg

We as a Western Culture do not have all the answers.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2011 04:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
First:
The board supports posting text links in place of a long URL. Using them is polite because they avoid breaking the page format which forces everyone to have to scroll back and forth on each line while reading comments.

Second:
No offense, but that "eastern remedies" link goes to PDF of an article from "The Doctor's Prescription for Healthy Living" magazine which is based in Topanga, CA. The magazine itself (which is named and presented in a way to make it as confusingly similar to "Natural Living" magazine as possible) is little more than a series of advertisements and article-like advertisements for products which suggest (but never claim for legal reasons) that they will treat/cure virtually everything including cancer.

The current issue offers an "article" which suggets a probiotic formula for treating mercury exposure saying "Probiotics can deconjugate toxic hormones in the gut into nontoxic forms". Yes... you read that right. According to them, mercury is a "toxic hormone" which can be treated with their probiotic formula (i.e. a mix of a few nutritionally insignificant plant extracts and type of algae, which would be digested in the stomach and would never come near any mercury in person's system).

Then there's the article that suggests a sauna for treatment of chronic heart failure. Another offers an herb to relieve hernia symptoms, suggesting that the herb will "strengthen the lower abdominal organ by supporting muscles and tissues." (yes, your whole abdomen is now a single organ). There's also an article/ad for a daily silver supplement (I'm surprised hardcore goths haven't started taking this stuff).

We, as a western culture, do not have all the answers, but we don't have to fall prey to snake oil salesmen either.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture