homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » The Doctor turns up in the strangest places...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Doctor turns up in the strangest places...
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2011 13:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted April 29, 2011 14:22      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wonder if he ran into this guy?
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 29, 2011 20:40      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It was a bit of a sci-fi convention. Notice they even had Rimmer as best man [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 30, 2011 03:54      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nothing wrong with a Sci Fi convention. I met my Michael at one. LOL

Must admit that I did get up really early to watch the wedding with my daughter. Her comments - not enough kissing. Harry is "hot". So I told her she was too young to think a boy was hot and she just looked at me. Anyone have addresses for a nice convent school. [Smile]

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 04:54      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How old is your daughter again?

My oldest daughter didn't start making such comments until she was about 14 or so, but the younger one has been talking about hot guys since she was probably 9 or 10. Depends partly on personality and partly on circle of friends, I think.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 05:16      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So who are all the "dressed up" crowd in the foreground?

Looks like a wedding of sorts....

[shake head]
gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 09:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wondered when the wedding would finally make it to GC!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 09:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
garlicguy wrote:
So who are all the "dressed up" crowd in the foreground?

I don't recognize most of them, but it I did see that Cthulu made an appearance

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 13:16      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
I don't recognize most of them, but it I did see that Cthulu made an appearance

Good lord, what in the name of the Ancients was that?!

--------------------
Ugh!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 13:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Looks more like the Flying Spaghetti Monster (blessed be His noodly appendage) to me.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted May 02, 2011 14:10      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Say what you want. I'll bet Beatrice gets great
reception with that rig.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2011 05:32      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Might depend which way she's facing...

--------------------
Ugh!

steampunkgrrrl
Geek Larva
Member # 38567

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted May 03, 2011 08:09      Profile for steampunkgrrrl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Most excellent! [Big Grin]

--------------------
A Steampunk's Musings

Posts: 25 | From: Northwest Ohio | Registered: Apr 2011  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2011 07:40      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, she is only 7,but she and her friends tend to parrot without any comprehension older kids from the playground. It is then my duty to squash these sayings, because I am so mean.

There were some interesting hats and I even wear hats with big feathers. LOL

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2011 19:27      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For those who missed it: The Royal Wedding (abridged)
Posts: 1143 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture