homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Holy Frak! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Holy Frak!
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2011 17:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Just when people in the North were cleaning up after the floods, there's a monster cyclone on the way.

It's a good thing Australia didn't waste money cutting our CO2 emissions, we'll need those $$$ to pay for all the storm damage we've been getting lately.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 01, 2011 02:59      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD, I correspond with a Ham in NZ, and he reminded me of the coming Cyclone, so you will be locking for high ground while we will be trying to get back down to the ground.

http://radar.weather.gov/Conus/index_loop.php

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2011 14:29      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And the fun just goes on and on...

We had a bit of rain here in Melbourne yesterday, just a small offshoot of the cyclone up North...

-

Casa del Druid's on top of a hill, so we're ok, but this photo was taken a few minutes walk away...

-

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2011 17:24      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A full moon is coming up. Perhaps y'all should gather up some small animals, head for a hilltop, and make a sacrifice?

Seriously.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2011 20:28      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meanwhile, in the small corner of Australia that's not under water...

-

/me thinks Xanthine may be right, heads for a hilltop with some animals...

--------------------

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2011 23:16      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next up: the Westboro Baptist Church will picket Canberra. Just in case y'all aren't getting the message already. [Wink]

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2011 02:10      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Xanthine:
Next up: the Westboro Baptist Church will picket Canberra. Just in case y'all aren't getting the message already. [Wink]

-

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2011 09:10      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ TFD. Some one has to take some Virgins to a volcano, and throw them into the caldera.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2011 17:11      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Some one has to take some Virgins to a volcano, and throw them into the caldera.

I've considered myself to be a pagan for over 20 years now, so I fully understand the value of a good votive offering. However... throwing virgins into a volcano???

Isn't that a waste of scarce resources?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 07, 2011 17:33      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Grummy, I know that there is a shortage of Virgins but we have to appease this=
http://classifieds.salem-news.com/globaltemp.php

____ I have no idea how many it will take, but we better start soon.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2011 13:07      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Grummy, I know that there is a shortage of Virgins but we have to appease this=
http://classifieds.salem-news.com/globaltemp.php

quote:
from TFA:
Shocked authorities now numbly concede that much of the water may never dissipate and have wearily resigned themselves to the possibility that region will now contain a new inland sea.

Hilariously wrong!

The guy's a crackpot. I went a-googling, and found another of his doomsday articles, this time on the impending collision with asteroid Apophis (aka 2004 MN4). He claims it would be equivalent to a million megaton nuke, wikipedia puts it at 510 megatons - nasty, but not the 'end of days' scenario Aym describes.

--------------------

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 08, 2011 13:23      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My friend Dizzy drove her daughter and grandchild inland, when the cyclone came. She'd had enough with the rains. Certainly glad you are safe.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2011 13:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We had some visitors at Casa Del Druid yesterday, Chortoicetes terminifera, a.k.a. The Australian Plague Locust.

If it starts raining scorpions, I'm outa here.

--------------------

Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 10, 2011 13:25      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The seven horsemen are next?
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture