homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Did I overdose on Caffeine??

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Did I overdose on Caffeine??
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 18:17      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Has any one suffered from Caffeine overdose?? I think I did today, we stopped at a burger joint, and the Mrs ordered a Chilled Mocha, I got an Iced tea, it wasn't too sweet but sweeter than I wished. Well the Mrs, complained that her Mocha was too sweet and took my Iced tea, I tried the Mocha it was wet but way too sweet, I drank some and through the rest away. We then went grocery shopping, was I ever off kilter more than half a bubble off plumb. When we got home and unloaded the van I felt lousy, so I laid down for a while it felt like my heart was going to come right out of my chest. I was tired as hell but could not fall asleep, then the dog would not leave me alone, she would come in and lick me, over and over. That was over five hours ago and I still have a headache.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5837 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 18:37      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds pretty close to what I feel when I have had a bit too much. But I am a heavy coffee drinker, so it takes a lot to get me feeling something like that.
Posts: 2464 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 20:57      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like a heart attack. You may want to get yourself to an ER, and pronto.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 21:14      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doesn't sound good.

Rhonny's suspicion of a heart attack could be right, or maybe a diabetic episode from all that sugar.

At risk of sounding like Captain Obvious, take your medical advice from an actual doctor, not a bunch of geeks on the internet.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2010 21:51      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Also, speaking as a coffee person...many places make 'mocha' drinks with espresso (typically two shots, maybe three). If you're not used to espresso, that can be quite a bit to take!

With 5 hours having gone by...I think a heart attack isn't extremely likely, but I wouldn't immediately dismiss it - talk to a qualified medical professional if you have any concerns!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 02:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Well this morning, I still have a mild headache, my heart rate is back to normal Sub/60BPM I did not sleep well and was not hungry last evening at supper time. I am somewhat leery of my morning cuppa. My Six Month check up is a week away, no shortness of breath (SOB) or dizzyness at this time, In fact my gyros seem spot on.

____ This felt just like when I had the Chemical Stress test, (Chemicals instead of running on the treadmill), except I did not feel like I had been kicked in the NADS that hurt last summer, and upset my gyros longer than yesterday.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5837 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 08:19      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well just be careful. If it comes back, I'd head to an urgent care place.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 09:03      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Aditu, thank you for your concern, having been an EMT. I am aware of what to look for and I know people in the know make the worst choices. No SOB, no tightness, no sweating, no Left arm Pain, no center of the back pain, no upset stomach, No Neck pain, No Jaw Pain. Just a wildly beating heart.

____ Last summer I had a Chemical Stress test and Echo-cardiogram, That was worse, and it felt like I had been kicked in the Nads. I have come to the conclusion that I do not need that much sweet and Caffiene all at once.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 09:29      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds similar to the time I ate a few too many chocolate-covered espresso beans. They are tasty, but loaded with caffeine, if you haven't had them.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 13:16      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sounds like what happens when I manage to overdo it. Not a trivial task as I have a caffeine tolerance from hell, but it can happen. A sugar-overload at the same time wouldn't help.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 23, 2010 16:51      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___ I used to think I had one also, that is while I was on the flight line on the carriers in the Tonkin Gulf. We lived on coffee, back when I thought I was Invincible, First it was coffee I could not drink late in the evening then finally tea. Now I cut off caffeine around noon or two PM if I am going to sleep that night. Tonight, I am paying for yesterdays transgressions, I can barely stay awake, wonder if I will make it till Nine thirty.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture