homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » It's been nice knowing you all...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's been nice knowing you all...
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 08, 2010 22:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's Rapture Day

Who am I kidding?

No-one here's going to be taken.

Party on dudes!

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2010 08:30      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dang! Looks like I missed another one!
Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted September 09, 2010 08:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I wish.

Can you imagine how much more peaceful and fun the world would be without all the religious idiocy? Whichever group was right would just go away and the rest would be proven utterly wrong, so we could tell them to STFU.

It would be like heaven on earth

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 09, 2010 10:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by GrumpySteen:
I wish.

Can you imagine how much more peaceful and fun the world would be without all the religious idiocy? Whichever group was right would just go away and the rest would be proven utterly wrong, so we could tell them to STFU.

Heh. For all it's worth, it's probably the sane ones, religious or not, who would be taken to heaven. Leaving the nutty ones to keep fighting over who is the best, and who shall inherit the earth after all...

But hey! We'd be quiet up there! [Wink]

Hmmm... Must... resist... Can't!

In Heaven, your welcome gift is an iPhone that come with free, unlimited usage, perfect reception, and instant access to all iPhone apps (with an infinite amount gift card for the store).

(Add yours.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 10, 2010 19:35      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are we all still here?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 11, 2010 15:27      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm still here. So's everyone I know. [Razz]

A while back, as I was riding a ski lift, I spotted a pair of skis and poles lying abandoned beside a run. My theory is that the Rapture happened that day and that person was the only one who went.

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2010 07:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Nope skiers don't get to go only #$%$#@ get to go.

____ Until I hear that the Amish have turned radical will I believe that Islam is a peaceful religion.

____ And all of the wars fought over how someone preys????

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 12, 2010 23:25      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
____ Until I hear that the Amish have turned radical will I believe that Islam is a peaceful religion.

If you look at the history, the Amish are the result of turning radical. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 13, 2010 20:18      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
While on the topic of special days to celebrate, how about Programmer's Day? I'm not a programmer, but it sounds more fun than Rapture Day [crazy]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2010 16:53      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, 5 days after the rapture and I can still buy Ho-Hos!!! Plus, all of those annoying people are gone... hm...

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 14, 2010 17:06      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ewomack:
Wow, 5 days after the rapture and I can still buy Ho-Hos!!! Plus, all of those annoying people are gone... hm...

EWO!!

BTW, do Ho-Ho's come in a diabetic friendly format?

PS - I'm still here, so nyah to you.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture