homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Quiz Time!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Quiz Time!
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 17:00      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Hello! Hello!

I have a fun quiz for you. It might be tricky! It might seem simple!

Let's see who knows the answer. Will it be a Druid, Dragon, Grump or Goddess? Will it be a Mac or Bill or Billy or Buddy? Will it be somebody who hasn't had a day of fun in his life?

Who knows? The Shadow knows!

Here is the question: What is the largest corporation in the whole world?

Go!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 19, 2010 18:00      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Vatican!

http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 18:21      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
More than likely Wal-Mart

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 19, 2010 18:25      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Exxon is the largest by capitalization in the US, but I'm bettin on some industrialist in China.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 20:23      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<resisting urge to cheat by googling answer>

I smell a trick question, most people would guess one of the big oil companies, or a huge retailer, but I suspect something a bit trickier...

Maybe something like Unilever, a name many have not heard of, but it's the owner of literally hundreds of household brand names, there's probably a dozen or more of their products in your supermarket trolley.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 21:08      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
The Vatican!

http://www.vatican.va/phome_en.htm

I guess you Googled that today, and not over the weekend? [Wink]

P.S. My non-Google bet would definitely be of the Walmart/Unilever ilk.
Could also be GE or Siemens...or Halliburton. Right now, I CBA to search (I mean, it would take under 5 seconds, but that would be cheating...), so hopefully I'm either right, or someone else gets it! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2010 22:46      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think this is hard to have an answer for. In america ther is clear seperation between public and private and what they do. In other countries ( brunie, dubia) teh distinction between what is the staet and what is a corporation is less so distict. I would almost consider dubia a corporation.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2010 03:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Apple.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2010 19:20      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello! Hello! Hello!

Boy! Do I have egg on MY face. I have some blueberry syrup, too!

Oh my, oh my. A friend told me it was China because they own all capital. And you know what?

I believed her, yes indeedy! She pulled the Woolite over my eyes.

It got all soapy and I could not see.

When I washed all the soap I looked it up. China is capitalist now!

They have lots and lots and lots and lots of corporations. Not just one.

So now, I do not know and I feel foolish, foolish foolish.

Sorry to all!

Have a great day! Don't get Woolite in your eyes!

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture