homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Comic Fan Girls? Geek Queen?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Comic Fan Girls? Geek Queen?
Rayscasting
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 32825

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2010 16:23      Profile for Rayscasting     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Doron Ofir Casting is looking to meet interesting, smart, savvy, unique, “different” single girls who are at least 21 years old and appear under 35 who laugh at the lemmings, march to the beat of their own drum, and make their own rules.

To the girl at the vintage thrift store thumbing through 45’s, to the romantic dreamer whose male lead has yet to manifest, the chick in the storm trooper hoodie, the babe who can quote BSG, the girl who writes and sketches in her journal, the fangirl who is entranced by anime, the wand-wielding-witch that will charm the shit out of us; from the gal who repurposes her clothes, to the girl that updates her status with acerbic finesse, the female who can fix a computer, tag us with a sticky grenade, or even just know what the hell we’re talking about, we salute you!

You’ve always been your own person; your most valued assets are your keen mind, your quick wit, and your sharp tongue. You’re an iconoclast, an original. You don’t feel immense social pressure to squeeze into some category of ‘cool’. Maybe it’s tough to meet a guy who really "gets" you.
"The Examined Life" will celebrate girls who are ready to pave the way for a re-invention of reality. No games, no challenges… just an honest opportunity for self-expression and to laugh, learn, and live "An Examined Life."

We’re sick of meeting the chicks you hate… Isn’t it time you we heard your point of view?
Send your NAME, AGE, CITY OF RESIDENCE, A BRIEF BIO and 2 RECENT PICS ASAP to [email protected]
[Applause]

Posts: 1 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Jun 2010  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Geek 2U
Alpha Geek
Member # 28663

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2010 16:59      Profile for Mr. Geek 2U     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No offence,

What's the title of that Monte Python song about processed meat?

I forgot that right now.

Mr. Geek 2U!

--------------------
My friends call me Skippy

Posts: 260 | From: Kalamazoo | Registered: Aug 2009  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 07:54      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Snaggy, are we being SPAMMED??

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5837 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 08:02      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Considering the name is "rayscasting", I bet Snaggy knew what was up.

Perhaps there is a geeky lurker here who wants to show how different and geeky she is by conforming to the geek stereotype.

My only problem is that they want pictures, so not only do they want a geek, she has to be hot.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 08:16      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Who defines HOT.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5837 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted June 22, 2010 08:26      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I guess I was just hoping against hope that they wouldn't spam. [ohwell]

We get a few of these a year. Personally I find it interesting how the entertainment industry is trying to portray geeks, it's a bit of a heads up, so I usually let them post. I doubt they get anyone from here signing up.

If I get a few more nays here, I'll delete this and stop letting these casting calls through.

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 09:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ Snaggy, you have to be careful with your two edge sword, and HollyWeird has a habit of lying when trying to get a pilot started.

____ On one hand they want us to be pimple faced cellar dwellers, and the other hand they are trying to portray us as future Millionaires.

____ HollyWeird/realality

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2010 10:57      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I don't know if one could say I look less than 35, but I am 37. Way worse is a gmail address rather than a casting/studio/other professionnal address; this is not up to my taste. I can easily get some paranoia from those "free" addresses. Pictures? I am overweight, I'd be thrown out faster than you can say: "diet" (given this is legit and not some elaborate scam to prey on single girls).

And finally, as a geek, I tried a whole lot of my life to "fit in"; although I don't give in to the fads the media feed us, I try not to look too much of an outcast.

Finally, I am Canadian! [Big Grin] (This may or may not be relevant.)

And I am sure a lot of other girls here would also have trouble fitting the bill - that is for those who were patient enough to read the requirements to the end! [evil]

My solution? Better laugh it out, like I just did! [Razz]

Edit: I just noticed; he starts saying he is from "Doron Ofir Casting" but the address he gives is "[email protected]" - so, which one is it? [crazy]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 13 posted June 22, 2010 13:01      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I smell spam...
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Blazer
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29550

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2010 00:08      Profile for Blazer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Did someone say Spam? I'm hungry!

--------------------
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 23, 2010 00:10      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
I guess I was just hoping against hope that they wouldn't spam. [ohwell]

We get a few of these a year. Personally I find it interesting how the entertainment industry is trying to portray geeks, it's a bit of a heads up, so I usually let them post. I doubt they get anyone from here signing up.

If I get a few more nays here, I'll delete this and stop letting these casting calls through.

I also find these posts interesting / as long as it is only a few times a years.

I find it interesting to know what the mainstream's current view of geeky is.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture