homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » So I've been in the hospital...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So I've been in the hospital...
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted June 16, 2010 16:32      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
... for the first time in my (almost) 30 years. Not the most fabulous experience of course, but that's not my point. I'm in here 'cause I have this weird rash on my breasts and part of my abdomen. Thankfully, it's responding well to IV antibiotics, so I should be able to be released tomorrow.

Here's the funny part: My grandmother told her second cousin that I was in the hospital with a rash. The cousin's response? "My husband had a rash three days before he died of an aneurysm."

Well there's an encouraging remark if ever we heard one! lol [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 20:24      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I for one sincerely hope you do not die of an aneurysm in three days.

Get well soon, Rhonny!

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 22:04      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Be well...and make the most of the next three days! [Razz]
(On a serious note, that's a hell of a lot more lead time than someone I knew who just plain old keeled from one.)

Obviously, get the heck out of there, alive and well!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 02:12      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
All the best Rhonnie, get well and get out of that hospital asap. [thumbsup]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 02:17      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
I'm in here 'cause I have this weird rash on my breasts

Pictures, or it never happened.

Get well soon, hospitals are no fun.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 02:20      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Druid,
I too can appreciate a nice rack...but, if there is a rash among them...let's keep that to ourselves:) kthanks!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 03:10      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____ "A rash that responds to Antibiotics," says the ThemoMan, trying to sound like Dr. House.

____ Please get checked, for the tick vector type of ailments. Some of those will show up later as artheritis type ailments.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 07:34      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Feel better Rhonnie! And this:
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Pictures, or it never happened.

works both ways (seriously, if I had a weird rash that landed me in the hospital, I'd live to make it so it never happened).

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2010 13:16      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey guys,

I was released on Thursday afternoon and am on Augmentin 2x a day for two weeks. The rash is drying up - it had spread to my abdomen, which I think was actually the worst part. It was so bad that my stretch marks were inflamed, and it blistered... yeah, you don't want to see pics!

The staph-rash is drying up, and I'm feeling better, but somehow I developed a case of "diaper rash" 'cause of chafage "down there" while I was in the hospital. So that's kinda putting a kibosh on certain activities... like shopping. There are some great sales this weekend, and I'm missing out on them!

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 19, 2010 13:27      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rash, be gone!

Get well soon! [Smile]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 19, 2010 14:00      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Snaggy! I like your new user icon. Very cool.

--------------------

fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 01, 2010 08:25      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a weird rash once, but I got it on my arms. Apparently one should wear gloves when planting thorny things like rosebushes. It was horrible. I thought I was going to be disfigured forever, going through life wearing elbow length gloves and looking like a freak. (Nothing so dramatic, some pills and lotion cleared it up.)

Glad to hear you're on the mend.

(Better late than never, right?)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture