homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Where have you been all my life?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Where have you been all my life?
snupy
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted June 16, 2010 16:11      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
As a pc user who never quite figured out how to use a mac(who am I kidding, I can barely use a pc!) and what the hype was all about, I tried out an iphone at the phone store. It was surprisingly easy to use, so I got one. OH....MY....GOD. Is there anything better?

Somebody at work touched it today, and I almost had a heart attack.

[Happytears]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

Posts: 4269 | From: UK, via Chicago | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 16:37      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Welcome my child....

Reverend Jobs will be along soon to give us all his blessing.

...in the meantime, why don't you try out this 24"iMac - I'm sure you'll get along very well. [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 16:48      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oxygen is better. Given the choice, I doubt you would find anyone who would choose an iPhone over Oxygen.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 17:11      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
..... OH....MY....GOD. Is there anything better?

Yes actually

P.S. Ignore the grumpy one on oxygen, what would be the point of living without Apple shinies?

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 17:46      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know!!! I want one!

I finally understand the lust one can feel for an inanimate object.

Those of you who've known me from the beginning as a geek-wannabe who was struggling with her first pc can pat themselves on the back. I think your work here is done. [Razz]

--------------------
"I just ordered an extra-long straw to avoid accidentally doing a sit-up"-Jay, Modern Family

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 17:52      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wait till you wrap your hands on a brand new shiny MacBook Pro...I believe you have tasted the kool-aid my friend:)

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 19:00      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The most recent 'The Oatmeal' is oddly appropriate...
Congratulations on your purchase. [Big Grin]

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 16, 2010 22:17      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats, HalfVast...you posted before I got a chance to see that in RSS!
Awesome link... [Big Grin]

Apple's mobile devices are indeed nifty...though I'm not quite sold on the iPhone. IMHO, the 3GS is kinda chunky...but I may be biased by my very sleek iPod Touch 1G. I don't know what the 4G will be like, and I don't think I'll be anywhere near an Apple store when it comes out, so I'll check it out sometime after the throngs of The Apple Faithful cool off.

The iPad is quite sweet...though a bit heavy. I quite enjoy using it to read the Times (via the Editor's Choice app), but I would like to see it drop below a pound before I might think of buying one. Native PDF support will pwn in 4.0 -- I don't terribly care for the current crop of e-ink readers, and the iPad is...just a handsome device for the task.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
snupy
Member # 1211

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 16:57      Profile for snupy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
Wait till you wrap your hands on a brand new shiny MacBook Pro...I believe you have tasted the kool-aid my friend:)

There's Kool-Aid, too! Awesome. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2010 23:31      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by HalfVast:
The most recent 'The Oatmeal' is oddly appropriate...
Congratulations on your purchase. [Big Grin]

yes a cynical look into iThingy ownership, but withthe newer iThingy that protagonist of that cartoon can record which alleyways contain more or juicier rats for consumption, and look up ways to prepare them online.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2010 02:12      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
quote:
Originally posted by snupy:
..... OH....MY....GOD. Is there anything better?

Yes actually

P.S. Ignore the grumpy one on oxygen, what would be the point of living without Apple shinies?

I've loved my iTouch and iPhone since the day I got them. They are absolutely outstanding devices. I pretty much live on them.

I'm just a bit sketchy on how practical or useful the iPad will be. I mean, it's only an oversized iPhone without the ability to make phone calls (skype doesn't count).

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2010 10:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace Raven! great to see you! [Applause]

congrats snupy!

(now you can go back into the JoT archives and get most of the jokes. [Razz] )

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2010 18:24      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks! It's nice to be back. The big-heads at work finally realized that they were blocking all 1and1 IP ranges and fixed themselves it seems.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2010 21:55      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace: our IP recently changed, so maybe that was the ticket. [Razz]
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture