homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Starting My New Job

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Starting My New Job
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2010 12:50      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I called my new boss this morning to see what time I should show up to go look at all the lawns I will be mowing this summer.

I went in around 9:30. Met with the boss and off we were to go look at the lawns we have so far. There are about twenty lawns so far. I know that does not sound like a lot of lawns, but the size of the lawns are good.

[URL= http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&ie=UTF8&q=matthaei+Gardens&fb=1&gl=us&hq=matthaei+Gardens&hnear=Dearborn,+MI&cid=0,0,11020354405497978903&ei=lzi6S8bmC4TMNeL6geIL&ved=0CAcQnwIwAA& ll=42.296088,-83.657498&spn=0.005698,0.009645&z=17&iwloc=A]This Whole Complex is one account. About 50 Lawns out of 150 houses![/URL]

Well the lawns that we looked at were not growing enough to start mowing them. So it was looking like I would not start till next Monday working 40hrs/wk.

Until I was introduced to the guy in charge of the fertilizer program. When he found out that I was a Certified Pesticide Applicator, His eyes lit up like he was a kid in a candy store. He told me he could use a guy for the rest of the week. And of course I said yes!!!!

So tomorrow I rejoin the Michigan Workforce, However weak it is!

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2010 13:05      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

Fixed Link: This Whole Complex is one account. About 50 Lawns out of 150 houses!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 05, 2010 14:00      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations. [Applause]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 05, 2010 14:54      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
awwwww poor pests!

[Razz]

Congrats! Spray thee well!

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted April 05, 2010 17:27      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Sprocket. [Applause] [Applause]

Sometimes things all fall into place.... I hope you have a good summer spraying and mowing. I shall be sat behind my desk, jealous of team-mates who get to see out of a window...

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2010 07:47      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats! Glad your certification gets you started this week.

Must admit I don't start mowing until after the wild violets are done. [Smile]

Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture