homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » OLD TRUCK VS. NEW TRUCK

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OLD TRUCK VS. NEW TRUCK
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 08:19      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ok so let me explain the background story to this one.

About a little over three years ago, dad bought me this truck for $200. I bought maybe $250 worth of parts and it was ready to drive on the road. It was not the prettiest but it ran and it was a stick!!!!!!!!

Old Purple Ranger

-

-

-

-

-

-

So next is the Story of why i was going to get rid of it. I was driving down a dirt road at night and hit a aprox. 6in. deep pot hole. This broke my motor mounts and cracked the oil pan and possible some other damage.

So it sat around for about a week or two. When i get a call from my buddy Kris, and he says that a mutual friend has a ford ranger that is a 93 and he needs to sell it or he was just going to junk it. Only had 107,XXX miles. Tucker quoted me $250 and that is for everything. The brand new tires and the cap along with the truck.
The new truck had a bad tranny and so i just dropped the trans out of my purple ranger and put it in my new ranger.

Just finished swapping out the trannies yesterday and got the old car crushed. Here are photos of the new truck and the stripped down old ranger.

-

-

--------------------
-----------------------------------
Life would be so much easier if we only had the source code.

If brute force doesn't solve your problems, then you aren't using enough.

Posts: 79 | From: Ypsilanti | Registered: Aug 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 08:20      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And The Story Continues

-

-

Stripped interior and parted out some of the truck. Will post parts that i have in the classifieds.

Now For The New Ranger!!!!!!!!!!

-
This is the only major dent on the truck

-
 -
These are the only visible rust spots.

-

-

--------------------

Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 08:22      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Custom front Grill (GO SPIDEY GO!!!!!!)

And now for the Life of the truck!

-

-

-

--------------------

Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 08:31      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Got the Radio in and the CB Radio and Antenna installed.

-

-

-

-

--------------------

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 28, 2009 18:19      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your first truck is the most beautiful truck in the world. [hearts]

I miss my ol' Dodge pickup... three on the tree, and painted Swiss Aqua. [Happytears]

Mag Valour on all the work you are doing.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 28, 2009 19:50      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah its got some beauty work to be done and that will be slow but it is coming along to being my truck!!!!

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2009 19:17      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ho-ly crap! You /really/ stripped the guts out of the purple truck!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Blazer
Maximum Newbie
Member # 29550

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2009 20:26      Profile for Blazer     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Engine in the "new" truck looks pretty clean ... overall, seems like a major upgrade over the purple Ranger.

--------------------
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before."

Posts: 15 | From: Florida | Registered: Nov 2009  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 29, 2009 22:56      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet Sprocket. Hope it serves you well.
Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2009 18:02      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So a list of things that i did today and yesterday.

1. Fixed the started solenoid on the starter.
2. Put a new end on the wire from the battery to the starter.
3. Installed the bed liner that came with the truck.
4. Installed the cap that came with the truck.
5. Had a few beers.
6. Went and washed it.

Will post pics tomorrow when it is light out.

--------------------

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2009 00:20      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
was your truck a former fleet vehicle for some company, I only think this becuase of the round sticker mark on the tailgate. looks like it was a "this vehicle makes frequent stops" sticker. not too many private vehicles have large round bumper stickers.
just curios, fleet vehicle are usually treated pretty poorly.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Sprocket
Mini Geek
Member # 10210

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2009 11:00      Profile for Sprocket   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No my new truck was not a fleet vehicle. I bought it from a mutual friend of MacManKrisK and myself. He bought it from a lady who used it on her farm since she bought it in 93 or so. Truck only has about 108,000 miles on it. But i do see what your saying and that glue is gone. I got rid of that and popped out the dent in the tailgate about a week ago. Will post pics of what it looks like now.

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 06, 2009 19:45      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WE WANT H0T P1X!

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture