homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » This explained some things to me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: This explained some things to me
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2009 04:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ Sure did ________________

____ I had been wondering why my Prostate that was only showing normal age relate growth suddenly became a serious problem.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/hsn/20090724/hl_hsn/agentorangelinkedtoparkinsonsheartdisease

http://www.cancercompass.com/cancer-news/1,14587,00.htm?rss=y

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2009/07/24/AR2009072402696.html

____ Must have been Agentorange and the weed killers we use here on the farm, I never used much, but on occasion I would spray the fence lines.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 03:47      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ Heads Up ____________________

____ Well I just got my lab work back for the Six month check-up. My PSA is still below the detectable threshold. Six more months and I will be considered CANCER free.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 05:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
Must have been Agentorange and the weed killers we use here on the farm, I never used much, but on occasion I would spray the fence lines.

Farmers daughter I knew many years ago (cue: farmers daughter jokes) had an unusual dental anomaly, 2 front teeth missing, no gap, but only 2 teeth between the eye teeth, top and bottom. Both of her siblings had the same dental anomaly, no other family history of it (they could trace back to great-great-grandparents), but dad sure used a lot of sprays on the crops.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 28, 2009 13:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ I do Know ____________________

____ That certain insecticides cause Liver, and Lung Cancers, in humans and live stock.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

bull3t
Assimilated
Member # 852

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 07:39      Profile for bull3t     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have you talked to the va about that yet? i would.

i am honestly ashamed as an american about how poorly veterans of vietnam were treated on return. its not as bad for us OIF vets, but we still get the assholes who talk shit, and of course the army and the va still screw alot of us over. i'm taking ALOT of pictures this deployment, for that reason exactly.

--------------------
GC's Mosthated.
"I donít care if people hate my guts; I assume most of them do. The important question is whether they are in a position to do anything about it."
-William S Burroughs

Posts: 435 | From: Ogden, UT | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 29, 2009 09:39      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ Oh Yeah ____________________

____ Because I came from a farming background the VA position is that, "I was exposed to herbicides prior to going into the USN". Plus they claim that the younger you are when exposed the more damage, so that all of my problems probably came from living on a farm until age eight.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture