homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Damn My Belly Hurts (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Damn My Belly Hurts
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 03:27      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________Hi All

Some of you know I will be QRT for at least a few days, Here is
the scoop.

Back in Sept I had a bloody wet dream, not as the brits mean but
a Bloody wet dream. Off to the pill pusher and find out what is wrong.
Had a PSA done and it was elevated, off to see a Urologist, repeat PSA
with more Prostate tests, all elevated and funny ratios between the
compounds. The Urologist then sticks an ultrasound prob up the
sitterdowner and then takes a biopsy. One core of twenty-four is
positive for Cancer. There is a thirty percent chance that all cores may
come back negative and still have a positive patient.

Appointment with surgeon to discuss options, A: nothing, B:
Radiation and or Chemo C: Go in through abdomen and look around, D: Go
in through sitterdowner (how do you sit down afterward). E: A form of
LaproScopic Surgery either robotic and or just plain Laproscopic.

So Friday I will be at Henry Ford Hospital having my insides
looked at, and some parts removed. Just found out I am scheduled first as in Eight AM opening day.

So kind people I will be QRT until I get up the mobility to make
it out to the barn and Ionize the ether again.

I am now back at home and this is my first post, post op. I think I am going back to my favorite recliner.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 09:11      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sucks about the cancer but I'm glad you're home and posting!

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 11:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
__________________ My own recliner is so much better than the Hospital bed, the TV choices are better, and the food is better, though TheMrsMoMan tends to try to over feed me. I hurt much less now than I did earlier today, Next Mon, the Ninth I will find out the path report, The Surgeon did tell the Mrs that they had to enlarge the original wound to remove the prostate through, seems it was bigger than the ultrasound showed. So next year I may be able to write my name in the snow.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Nitrozac

Benevolent Dictator!
Member # 111

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 01, 2009 11:33      Profile for Nitrozac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh dear, that sounds terrible! All those options sound scary. Good thing they found it, tho! Wishing you a speedy recovery. We're rooting for you! /me sends healing vibes your way.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 12:12      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you're home and well.

Make the most of your invalid status while it lasts, if MrsMoMan hasn't worn a bald path in the carpet to your recliner, you're not trying hard enough. Maybe get one of those little bells?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 12:42      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to hear you're home and starting out on your road to recovery. I hope the op achieved everything you want it to.

I'd advise you to take it easy, but it sounds like you won't have any choice for a little while! [ohwell]

With all Best Wishes. [Smile]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 13:02      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Cancer is a sick, sick, bitch! I am glad that you are on your way to recovery. Keep us posted Mo!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 16:27      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're all rooting for you Mo.

I don't know if that helps or not.

How 'bout this -- I'm doing the double nickel BD on Memorial Day.

You survive and you're invited. Simple enough, eh?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 19:07      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hang in there MoMan! You are one of the good guys - we need you!

I seem to remember that you are out of the reach of broadband, but if not, here's a song for you!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 01, 2009 19:18      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Keep up the good fight MoMan, all the best for a speedy recovery!
Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GMx

Member # 1523

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 20:17      Profile for GMx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Get better soon! [Smile]
Posts: 5848 | From: S-4, Area 51 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 21:46      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Kick that thing's ass, so you can get back out to the silo! [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2009 22:18      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MoMan. Get back on yer feet quick. This battle is not won yet.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 06:42      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_______________________ TheMoMan Here __ I am bored, I can't go out to the barn and play with my radios, I am underfoot of the Mrs. TV is a bunch of pablum for the masses. I did watch the opening race of Super Bikes, run Down Under, glad that the Duc won.

Coverage of the events of Daytona does not really start until tomorrow and then will not be like being there.

CP. This is a bummer, but I have been advised not to throw my leg over the Bagger for six months, no tractor driving for six months, and now four wheeling for the same interval, dose that ever suck. Something about bumpy and not air ride.

Sure am glad we suddenly decided to go to Florida before the Surg. I would have hated to lose most of the summer, if I had not had that week in Florida.

Well I have almost used up my vertical sit time, and have to go back to semi reclined

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 07:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Churchill once said, "If you're going through hell, keep going."

Keep going, MoMan. [thumbsup]

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 10:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ TheMoMan Here __ Just some thoughts on all of this.

The Mrs. thought I was not scared enough, I tried to tell her that on a scale of one to ten that this was a three, I have been a lot more scared in the past sixty two years. The interview with the surgeon proved to me he had the right stuff to make me trust him and to do his job.

Yes I was scared but more so about not doing anything. Men in your thirty's get a base line PSA then again at forty, then more often as your health provider deems. Ladies send your men to the Doctor, at the first signs of mens PeePee problems going often, but not volume. Men remember when you could write your name in the snow, you should still be able to go that much.

Next Monday, I find out if they got it all. My belly looks like a dart board Six Button Holes and one wound big enough to take a peach out.

I am not needing the pain pills at this time, but the first two days I was in the bottle every four hours. Damn I hurt then. Maybe tomorrow I can change the subject.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Zwilnik

Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 17:29      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
_______________________ TheMoMan Here __ I am bored, I can't go out to the barn and play with my radios, I am underfoot of the Mrs. TV is a bunch of pablum for the masses. I did watch the opening race of Super Bikes, run Down Under, glad that the Duc won.

Coverage of the events of Daytona does not really start until tomorrow and then will not be like being there.

CP. This is a bummer, but I have been advised not to throw my leg over the Bagger for six months, no tractor driving for six months, and now four wheeling for the same interval, dose that ever suck. Something about bumpy and not air ride.

Sounds like a hovercraft might be a good option then [Smile]

All the best MoMan, it sounds like you've got your head screwed on about it all and I'll be following your advice on regular checkups.

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
deathweaver
Geek Larva
Member # 24253

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 18:23      Profile for deathweaver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey MoMan, really sorry to hear about the news. Keep fighting, and you'll lick this yet! That's always the tough part, is keep fighting. Believe me, you will have times when you'll want to throw in the towel, but it sounds like the Mrs will make sure you don't. Listen to her, it'll be worth everything.
Posts: 24 | From: CA, USA | Registered: Nov 2008  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2009 22:11      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you want a great way to keep your brain occupied while sitting around, try Set, it's a crazy MENSA approved game. I played quite a bit this past week while I was sick, I think they've got a daily puzzle too.

Oh, and feel better! I hope everything is good news on Monday.

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2009 04:44      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
___________________ Zwilnik __ I have a hovercraft, hey all I got to do is mix up some two-stroke fuel and pop in a charged battery and fire it up. linky

http://www.hovertechnics.com/recreation/hoverjetgtfeatures.htm

I have this model in white, I have had much fun flying it, but right now it is setting in the yard loaded down with ice so as soon as a real good thaw, and all of my drains get pulled that thing is going flying. [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted March 03, 2009 08:28      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Adding my voice to the chorus of well-wishers, MoMan (GC knows a good egg when it finds one). Wishing you all the best for Monday and a very speedy recovery! [Smile]
Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2009 09:20      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Best wishes for a speedy recovery!
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 03, 2009 10:53      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________ Hi all __

Random thoughts. On things I remember, after being moved onto the OR table the Gas Passer said "you're going to sleep now" Then a Nurse in recovery shouting my name. Damn it felt like I had been hit in the gut by Mark Mcquire swinging for the upper deck. I have blocked a full on soccer ball, stopped a hockey puck there but this HURT, I mean HURT. [cry baby] [cry baby] [cry baby]

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2009 02:41      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck, Mo Man. You sound like you're in good spirits, anyway. [Smile]

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 04, 2009 16:46      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! I hope you are feeling better soon and that the tests come back soon. Waiting to know what comes next is the pits. hugs to you and your wife.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture