homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Another Real Geek

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Another Real Geek
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2008 17:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's another tale of a Real Geek

quote:
From TFA:
According to the legend, the Roman emperor Nero played the fiddle as Rome burned to the ground but what about twittering while the aeroplane around you is on fire?

That is exactly what one man did in the United States yesterday, using his mobile phone and the social networking service Twitter to inform the world even as he was trying to escape a burning 737.

Real Geek, or Darwin Award wannabee?
You be the judge.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10670 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2008 18:46      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I imagine there's a lot of waiting trying to escape a burning plane... one narrow aisle, dozens to hundreds of passengers. Even an orderly exit takes a long time. Guess if you can't get out any faster, you may as well tell the world what's going on [Smile] .
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Shinaku
Alpha Geek
Member # 2027

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 22, 2008 19:11      Profile for Shinaku   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Reminds me of the people on IRC who'll tell the channel something bad's happening (fire normally) before attempting to put it out.

I guess a geeks priorities make little sense [Wink]

--------------------
^(^.^ )P~~~

Posts: 312 | From: Sheffield, UK | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture