homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Now that Winter …

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Now that Winter …
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 6 posted November 13, 2008 12:17      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
… is almost upon us, I thought I'd share a photo of myself and Mrs Tweety taken in Puerto Vallarta back in May this year. The weather was beautiful, nearly perfect, actually. Warm without being oppressive and just enough humidity to remind you that you were in a sub-tropical climate, but not enough to kill you. We even left the same day the rains started. Talk about good timing. [Wink]

Enjoy, and remember, for all of us far enough North, it's almost Winter! Cold, sleet, rain, snow, ice. You know, all the fun stuff. And, if you're a masochist, I may even post pics showing the Great Tropical Paradise.

-

And, before I forget, yes, I do have much better pics of Mrs Tweety, but they are definitely not for public consumption. [Big Grin]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
MTB Babe
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2297

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 14:05      Profile for MTB Babe   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We just got the first cold rain of the winter season. It's almost freezing outside...and my family in Louisiana is still in t-shirts... [cry baby]

--------------------
Samir: No one in this country can ever pronounce my name right. It's not that hard: Na-ee-ana-jaad. Nayanajaad.
Michael Bolton: Yeah, well at least your name isn't Michael Bolton.

Posts: 1003 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 15:10      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MTB Babe – We used to live in Orlando. The first summer after we came back to the Chicago area Mrs Tweety wore a coat. The entire summer. We moved in January. It was quite the jarring experience. Now, we're looking at moving to the Dallar/Ft. Worth area. I keep a weather widget in iGoogle with temps for Ft. Worth and our area. Right now it's depressing.

--------------------
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 16:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tweety:

And, before I forget, yes, I do have much better pics of Mrs Tweety, but they are definitely not for public consumption. [Big Grin]

Well, since I'm not Vic, I think I can safely say that it's a plenty fine picture. [Smile]

I might even grumble 'damn you' under my breath, and mean it in the nicest possible way. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 17:22      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
EDIT: Nevermind. I did an open in new window and got it.

Any chance you exceeded bandwidth, Tweety?

On Safari I'm just getting the dreaded blue question mark and Firefox just gives me a dash
where the pic should be.

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 18:56      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You guys are so cute! I wanna go there, who's with me on this???

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 19:00      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've lived in Washington since I was 2... But, I grew up on Whidbey Island.

Compared to that, it's darn warm elsewhere in this state. Though, now I live in the mountains.

To the Goddess - I'm down. I've never taken a vacation -_-'

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 13, 2008 20:49      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Technical note: It's probably blocking access because it's 'hot-linked.' As usual, I failed to notice this because I'm one of the five people who surfs with Referer [sic] logging disabled. [Razz]

For anyone who hasn't made a tinfoil hat†, right-click this link to the picture, and copy it into a new window.

HAND.

† Actually, I never made one of those...that's just silly. However, I do have a propeller beanie. ;P

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 08:30      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's weird, I didn't realize it wouldn't show up here. Along with dman's link (thanks), here's the link straight into the Picasa page:

Linky of Me and Mrs Tweety @ the Rio Jalisco in Puerto Vallarta

By the way, geekygoddess and anyone else wanting to head down there with her, the Rio Jalisco is a pretty nice place, all-inclusive, but not the quietest place. So, if you're looking to have a good time, be up late, drink a lot (I hear they have wheelchair service from the pool bar if needed), eat a lot, this is the place.

Foods good, alcohol isn't watered down and the beach is nice. Hey, you can even get married while you're there.

--------------------
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 09:05      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's getting chilly up in Utah county too. Not the misery of a Chicago cold, but the weather is definitely a changin'.

Me and the future missus are talking about places to go for after the hitchin' ceremonies are done. And right now off the West coast, and somewhere warm are two very good options.

We have spent the last week or so refinishing a table for Thanksgiving and the temps got to the point where I was keeping the varnish and paint on the heater ducts to warm them up before I went out to the garage to work. Finally resorted to dragging the whole thing indoors to finish it up.

Start
 -

Finish
 -

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 09:16      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It snowed today. Just a dusting.

A bit late really. Usually we get our first snow before Halloween.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2008 18:03      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Geekygoddess wrote:
I wanna go there, who's with me on this???

Right behind you! Let's go!
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
neotatsu
Member # 1429

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 15, 2008 04:15      Profile for neotatsu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tweety:
if you're looking to have a good time, be up late, drink a lot (I hear they have wheelchair service from the pool bar if needed), eat a lot, this is the place.

Foods good, alcohol isn't watered down and the beach is nice. Hey, you can even get married while you're there.

Aw, now I don't wanna go.

I REALLY REALLY wanna go [devil wand]

--------------------
I'm curious... About what, you ask? EVERYTHING!

Posts: 2239 | From: Western WA | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture