homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » an active group

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: an active group
shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 15, 2008 13:54      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i got an invite to a yahoo group today. i am in a few of them already, just things i read and from time to time blather to...

this group is about arguing faith. interesting topic to me as a philosopher, and someone who will be leading a discussion group on "the god delusion" in about month. i have no idea how or why they got my email, so i thought a visit to the homepage of the group was in order.

turns out the group has only ever had one message posted to it:

"Spam
Stop spamming my email with invites to this group...."

ok, so i am easily entertained, but i laughed. a lot. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Antiquity
Geek Larva
Member # 20684

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 08:00      Profile for Antiquity   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG i got an email to go to a yahoo group to, i ignored it but i reckon it might have been the same one lol
Posts: 27 | From: London | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 15:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, maybe we could all join and turn it into a discussion about Rick Astley [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 11 posted August 16, 2008 15:52      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Hey, maybe we could all join and turn it into a discussion about Rick Astley [evil]

wow, and here i thought *I* was evil....

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 16:27      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If he was really evil, he would have linked the death metal RickRoll

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 21:15      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I am so glad I have been around here long enough to know better!

I'm way too wise to your ways:)

Not clicking on any of it. Nope!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
iNoles
Mini Geek
Member # 5685

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 16, 2008 21:54      Profile for iNoles     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65I0HNvTDH4 it is a not really rick astley video.
Posts: 57 | From: Melbourne, Florida | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged
MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 04:27      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iNoles! Lovely find! [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 13:36      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
How many hours of barrack footage did the creator need to sit through to get allthese words.

Maybe it was worth it though for a million hits on youtube.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture