homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Must be the wind-chill factor...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Must be the wind-chill factor...
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 05:52      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Australia 6 - Canada 1

I thought Canadians knew something about hockey?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 07:39      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yeah, well, just wait 'til we kick yer arse at ice cricket in ... err... 2054, or something. [Wink]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
macmcseboy

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 09:14      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thats Ice hockey mate.... field hockey is not traditionally played by men.... Give us Ice, Skates a puck and a stick and we'll clean yer chronometers.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 11:58      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, Ice Hockey...that time is again coming soon!
It's apparently now our state sport here. I won't be the one to start the Minnesotans v.s. Canadians hockey battle, though, things there could just get ugly. [Wink]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 12:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:
Thats Ice hockey mate.... field hockey is not traditionally played by men.... Give us Ice, Skates a puck and a stick and we'll clean yer chronometers.

Be kind, one will rejoice about the small victories when there is no big ones available... [evil]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 13:39      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, we are sooo good at ice hockey . . .

*walks away in shame after the mention of the Toronto Maple Leafs

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 13:49      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by macmcseboy:

So what's the problem, not enough ice, or are Canadian men just afraid to take to the field without half a tonne of armour like your nancy-boy footballers? [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

macmcseboy

Member # 1232

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 11, 2008 20:40      Profile for macmcseboy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me dons his "Chandail de Hockey" emblazoned with M. Richard and a number 9

Vien ci mautadit, j'vais t'montrer comment jouer le hockey mon hostie!

We don't play footie that well but we play hockey. and WRT to CFL, that's just rugby for pansies.

--------------------
Live long and prosper.

Posts: 1139 | From: Victoria BC... | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2008 17:44      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Australia 6 - Canada 1

I thought Canadians knew something about hockey?

It's summer here, antipode.

Playing the game right now out on the old hockey pond is better known as "water polo".

As for armor on the football field, if we hit like little girls we wouldn't need pads here, either.

You lookin' at me?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2008 18:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
As for armor on the football field, if we hit like little girls we wouldn't need pads here, either.

Tell these guys they hit like little girls, I dare you. [Wink]

-

--------------------

Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted August 13, 2008 20:47      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:

Tell these guys they hit like little girls, I dare you. [Wink]

-

Pic shows my point here, and your choice of it underscores it.

See how the fellow on the ground is striking the other man's testicles? The only reason someone thinks a shot like that is sporting is because they are lacking something there. Eh?

To me, the fellow on the ground is fighting like a girl -- and one who is in desperate straights at that.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 13, 2008 21:24      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A good hammering to the family jewels is the only way you'll stop a guy like that, breaking a 4x2 over his head would just make him angry.

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 03:17      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your all gay.

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 06:08      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeez, I hate to think what CP would have said if I'd posted a link to this video
(not for sensitive eyes)

--------------------

shentzu
Geek
Member # 2253

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 14, 2008 10:46      Profile for shentzu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
A good hammering to the family jewels is the only way you'll stop a guy like that, breaking a 4x2 over his head would just make him angry.
ya know, having scottish ancestors, it is funny how often i have heard that phrase word for word. generally at family reunions.

usually followed by "un then yas kick 'em while theys doon! onla way ta be sure."

good times. good times....

--------------------
Set a man by a fire and you keep him warm for a day, but set a man on fire and you keep him warm for the rest of his life.

Posts: 108 | From: here and there | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 12:48      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Jeez, I hate to think what CP would have said if I'd posted a link to this video
(not for sensitive eyes)

"Hey, you got my watch in there!"

"Who wants gum?"

"Rubber gloves are for sissies."

"I thought you said, 'Here's to a sharp stick in your ..." oh, never mind."

"Look! I found the weapons of mass destruction!"

"Wait, it's Judge Crater."

"Corn."

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 13:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
(not for sensitive eyes)

But this is nothing new. I have many timnes heard that in American foot ball, in the pile, when the ref cannot see they do all types of horrible things to make a guy frop the ball, including amatuer prostate exams.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 14:06      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ROTFL...Oh My!!!

I could have done without the sound effects though!!!

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 17, 2008 15:01      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
_____________________ Ashitaka __ including amatuer prostate exams.

Amateur or not, they are still damn uncomfortable and thanks for reminding me, mine is WED.

Bumper sticker I saw last week "if your are going to ride my (sitter downer) at least pull my hair."

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5835 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture