homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Do you need to hide from the government?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Do you need to hide from the government?
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 3 posted July 20, 2008 08:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple in Wisconsin telephoned police in the middle of the night after finding a man in their basement covered head to toe in barbecue sauce.

http://www.wwmt.com/news/sauce_1350893___article.html/basement_covered.html

Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 08:57      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awww, that reminds me of a guy I used to date..Don't ask [Eek!]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 08:57      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You can't hide from the gubnent in BBQ sauce in Wisconsin. You need the cheese. That guy must be a n00b. BBQ sauce is what you use to hide while in Texas. Refried beans in New Mexico, and also southern areas of Texas. Oh, speaking of Texas, oil works in Houston.

Out in Illinois you use voting ballots in and around Chicago, and corn, wheat or soy in the more southern parts of the state. Each State and region is a little different. In Boston you gotta use New England Clam Chowder, while in Maine you've gotta use lobster shells. If you use the wrong camouflage you'll get caught.

[Big Grin]

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 10 posted July 20, 2008 11:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And in Washington DC, you disguise yourself as a criminal.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 15:50      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by geekygoddess:
Awww, that reminds me of a guy I used to date..Don't ask [Eek!]

Wow...between your stories and Steen's, I don't think I ever want to try dating in TN!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 17:30      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've had some very nice dates here, thank you. The last two I went on were quite lovely, even if things didn't go any further.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

geekygoddess
Highlie
Member # 15702

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 20, 2008 17:38      Profile for geekygoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dman- Haha, You got a problem with BBQ sauce?

BTW, I am not a true Tennessean, just a transplant. And yes, dating in the dirty south is quite challenging most of the time [Eek!]

Come on down, I know a great little place for karaoke and "Free Bird" [Big Grin]

--------------------
"It is better to press ones shirt, than ones luck"- Confucius

Posts: 661 | From: Edinburgh, United Kingdom | Registered: Mar 2008  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 06:16      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I've had some very nice dates here, thank you. The last two I went on were quite lovely, even if things didn't go any further.

So....was the 'utensil' one /not/ in TN?

That's kind of forefront in my mind as a 'bad date.' Very glad there are still some fine ones to be found there. [Smile]

OTOH, I [hearts] NY.

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 09:26      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Further than what? Unless the thing you didn't go further than was .. um.. bowling in the .. 'gutter', then they weren't lovely.

[Razz]

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 09:49      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Come on down, I know a great little place for karaoke and "Free Bird" [Big Grin]

You mean you remember the place?

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 11:25      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
drunkennewfiemidget wrote:
quote:

quote:

Further than what? Unless the thing you didn't go further than was .. um.. bowling in the .. 'gutter', then they weren't lovely.

[Razz]

*points at the signature*

Duh

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 12:10      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
win.
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 14:33      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
BTW, I am not a true Tennessean, just a transplant. And yes, dating in the dirty south is quite challenging most of the time [Eek!]

Well that explains it.
Most dating matches in Tennessee are made at family dinners.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10668 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 17:08      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
two wins in a row.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 21, 2008 21:44      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I hate to break it to you, but not grasping the concept that a celibate guy is not trying to go bowling when he goes out on a date is not win.

It's more of an epic fail.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 08:25      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I hate to break it to you, but not grasping the concept that a celibate guy is not trying to go bowling when he goes out on a date is not win.

It's more of an epic fail.

I took your 'worst celibate ever' sig as to mean you were bad at being celibate -- ie getting it on with anything you could.

So when you said look at your sig, I thought you were suggesting you 'bowled' with her.

Which would have been a win.

But if you're actually celibate, I think you are the one with the fail, my friend. [Big Grin]

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 11:13      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If having sex is the only thing that makes you feel like you're successful, I feel very sorry for you, loser.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 11:48      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
win [Wink]

--------------------

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2008 12:18      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Your sense of humour is failing you.
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2008 07:06      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm.. I still have that jar of bbq sauce I won. Is it still good? I just hadn't had a chance to use it yet.
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2008 08:00      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
Hmm.. I still have that jar of bbq sauce I won. Is it still good? I just hadn't had a chance to use it yet.

I think so -- my father is still savouring the one I gave him back when it was originally being sent out.
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2008 19:26      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Back on topic..... I learned last week that the US government has been asking OnStar to permanently turn on the microphones of select vehicles so that they can eavesdrop on any conversation in the car. No warrants required.

The also have been doing the same for cell phones. The only thing you notice is your battery drains more quickly.

If you're not scared yet, you haven't been paying attention.

Posts: 2901 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2008 22:24      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by quantumfluff:

The also have been doing the same for cell phones. The only thing you notice is your battery drains more quickly.

If you're not scared yet, you haven't been paying attention.

*gulp*

I thought it was the fact that my phone was a bit old...a likely story!

/duck_and_cover

--------------------

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 25, 2008 09:02      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
______________________ quantumfluff It is easier than you think, if OnStar activates the stolen vehicle feature, the GPS turns on and sends your location and speed vectors good enough for a cruise missile to blow you away, and no body in the car knows. They also can see the last thirty minutes of black box info from the airbag controllers. Wire tap laws do not apply because the signal is transmitted, however it is illegal to listen in on Cell phone Freqs. unless you are a sworn law officer.

I already knew about triangulation from cell towers that was used to find the Mail Box Bomber as he tooled down the freeway.

Kind of gives you a warm and fuzzy feeling doesn't it. Does this mean we don't have a Fourth Amendment any more? Just kind of gives me the poops.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture