homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I started a blog!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I started a blog!
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 22, 2008 21:07      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For better or for worse, I started a blog. It's called Diary of a Fat Chick. Read it if you dare.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 12:05      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent. I always like reading your writing, and I like hearing new perspectives on things.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 24, 2008 19:39      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aww. You're sweet. Thanks, Max! [blush]

--------------------

Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 08:11      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Excellent blog =)

Gonna stick around and read some. Glad you finally somewhat picked up what I told you about this stuff about a year ago [Wink]

Way to go Rhonie [Wink]

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 25, 2008 09:46      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well done Rhonwyyn,

I know you can write, and now you can show it off. I know you are a larger lady and I am glad that you are realizing that your size doesn't define you (any more than my club foot defines me, it is a part of who we are, not what we are).

Keep it up!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 17:27      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very nice Rhonnie, I've bookmarked it. Have you seen Joy Nash's blog? I love her Youtube videos and bet you'll like them too.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 25, 2008 17:46      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I just saw Joy's Fat Rant III a few days ago. Before then, I think I had heard of her, but I'd never actually seen any of her work. Thanks for pointing me to her blog! [Smile]

--------------------

tweety
Assimilated
Member # 3890

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 26, 2008 18:17      Profile for tweety   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Rhonwyyn – I want to commend you on being able to share so much that is personal about you with complete strangers. I, too, have a blog, but most likely will not publicize it here for many reasons (too long to get into).

I also wanted to let you know that my mother, too, struggled with her weight her entire life. It was something that certainly shaped who she was, but, unfortunately, not in a positive way. My entire family has weight issues, and even though I was always thinner than my brothers, I too have dealt with being a bit overweight. My father, however, never had serious weight issues, although, he did have a quadruple bypass a few years back even though his cholesterol was normal.

For me, I saw my waist line continue to expand, which was very frustrating as I wasn't changing my eating habits. Knowing all that, the Mrs has put together an amazing diet for us, after a lot of research on her part. I dropped 30 lbs, went from 155 to I think between 120 and 125. The weird thing is that, since eating this particular way, we've both gained muscle tone where we didn't have it before.

When my wife quit smoking she gained almost 20 lbs, which took her up from her usual 100 to 120, and she's 5' 1". With this particular way of eating, which is really well balanced, I think she's about 89 - 93. I know that it's not like wow, huge numbers. But, for someone who was 100 lbs to lose 20 lbs is really difficult. Also, my brother who followed her instructions went from a size 36 waist to a 29.

If you want any information about this particular lifestyle (I don't really call it a diet) let me know. We'll be happy to pass how–tos, information, etc. along. (And, no, this is not some weird cult thing, or paid thing, or never–eat–again thing. We eat a lot, including dessert almost every night. Dessert is pretty much a ritual and as much as you want.) If you're interested I know the Mrs is really willing to help, because, for me, she felt it was really important for me to have self–confidence and be comfortable with my own body.

Let me know, you can PM me.

--------------------
If I were a good man I'd talk to you more often than I do.
American Fairy Tales
IT, A Philosophy

Posts: 454 | From: IL | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture