homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Pystar computer in the wild

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Pystar computer in the wild
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2008 14:24      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been casually following the news about Pystar and I just saw that someone has posted a video of one of their computers. So now that they are actually selling hackintoshes, what do you think Apple will do? Are they going to sue or consider them insignificant? I wish I could be a bug on the wall when the first clueless user calls Apple support because they are having problems with the OS. What's your serial number? Oh that's not an Apple computer, you're SOL fella. [evil]

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2008 16:45      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would imagine apple would sue them, though given how noisy the damned things are they might just let them loose just to make the genuine article look like a better proposition.

For only $amount dollars more you can have a $model_name which doesn't sound like a jet taking off etc ...

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2008 17:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Infinitesimal:
I would imagine apple would sue them, though given how noisy the damned things are they might just let them loose just to make the genuine article look like a better proposition.

For only $amount dollars more you can have a $model_name which doesn't sound like a jet taking off etc ...

Every hear a G5 with a bad mainboard or thermal sensor? It's *loud*! This is part of my Apple hatred...we've gone through hell trying to get such machines repaired by Apple. So...don't be so sure the genuine article is that much better. [Razz]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Infinitesimal
Geek
Member # 4865

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 04, 2008 18:57      Profile for Infinitesimal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:
Originally posted by Infinitesimal:

Every hear a G5 with a bad mainboard or thermal sensor? It's *loud*! This is part of my Apple hatred...we've gone through hell trying to get such machines repaired by Apple. So...don't be so sure the genuine article is that much better. [Razz]
I'm not, I generally assume they are no better or worse build quality wise than any other name brand machine...

I was just taking the other sides viewpoint for a short while.

--------------------
That which doesn't kill you can only make you stronger. Therefore I am damn near indestructable.

Posts: 153 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture