homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » The Sydney Harbour conspiracy..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Sydney Harbour conspiracy..
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted March 05, 2008 15:01      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Google Maps has photographed a ferry collision on Sydney Harbour and the aftermath of another.

Strangely, neither collision made the local news at the time. How could 2 serious maritime incidents in a busy harbour go unreported?

Google are explaining away both photos with some cock-and-bull story about 'stitching errors', but I smell a sinister conspiracy.
Does anyone have Fox Mulder's phone number?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 05, 2008 16:19      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Let's just blame those on the Bermuda Triangle. That second one is clearly a ghost ship, rather than a sunken one. It doesn't matter that Sydney's nowhere near the triangle, those legends have never been about facts, anyway.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 00:41      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Meh,

I know a place on google maps where there is an entire ghost building - roads go straight through it. And it is on the same site as some shutdown (but not decommissioned) nuclear reactors.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to do the google maps linky thing, so no easy proof.

hmm, this may work:

EDIT: Success!

Down and to the left, the two round buildings off Meashill way are the old reactors. Up and to the right, the big circular building site is the diamond light source. The ghost building itself is the 2nd target station for the isis neutron source.

PS Cool animation of ISIS here.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 01:18      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dunno if they're still doing it, but the UK government went through a phase of insisting that 'secret' buildings not appear on maps. Of course this was a dead giveaway, if a huge concrete building that's been there for 30 years suddenly disappeared from the maps, everyone knew it was 'secret'.

This led to some wags playing tricks like this...
 -

[edit]
More evidence that Google Is Evil.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 02:40      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
Google Maps has photographed a ferry collision on Sydney Harbour and the aftermath of another.

This may well be the last post I make on these boards, but I have to tell you all, that I can also see in the top right corner of your second link clear evidence of a secret underwater headquarters belonging to a shadowy international conspiracy bent on world domination. Probably.

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 03:36      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sorry to ruin your fun TFD, but that is a real sign. It is run as a tourist attraction after it was decommissioned.

Details here

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 03:37      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
____________________________ Callipygous please say it tain't so.

"This may well be the last post I make on these boards,"

I really enjoy your thoughtful positions on many topics.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 04:10      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Calli was taking the mick in the "secret conspiracy" mode... the MIBs and the silent black helicopters are of course now being routed to his location...

and possibly mine now too.

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 06:35      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
I think Calli was taking the mick in the "secret conspiracy" mode...

You may think that, I could not possibly comment.... [Wink]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 06, 2008 09:15      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by littlefish:
Up and to the right, the big circular building site is the diamond light source. The ghost building itself is the 2nd target station for the isis neutron source.

PS Cool animation of ISIS here.

/me starts slobbering

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture