homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Your favorite screenshots

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Your favorite screenshots
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2008 17:44      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What are some of your favorite screenshots?

I was browsing Wikipedia one day when I saw something that tickled my fancy:

(slightly NSFW)

http://radiantradon.com/images/how_fitting.png

[crazy]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 14, 2008 20:00      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here's one I'm quite proud of - from a Portal-themed screensaver I'm making.

-

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 15, 2008 01:38      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2008 02:11      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
And I thought my Hard Drive was failing...

-

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted January 16, 2008 17:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The field ... must be a number greater than null and less than null

Greater than null and less than null?

O.o

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Moe Monkey
Geek
Member # 1900

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2008 16:19      Profile for Moe Monkey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, fun. Here are my two favourites.

I'm almost caught up...
 -

What am I supposed to click?!
 -

...Those look like Photoshop jokes, but they are bona fide screen shots of my PowerBook under the influence... in the latter case, I place the blame on someone totally clueless with respect to UI.

Posts: 145 | From: The couch in the living room | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2008 16:10      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha Moe.. very good

It is long gone now but in the Classic Mac OS era it was possible to start shutting down the Mac and then use a key combo for "restart now" (or maybe vice versa - I forget now) and get a helpful message along the lines of
"You cannot shutdown/restart the Mac now as it is currently shutting down/restarting... wait until the Mac has shutdown/restarted and then choose shutdown/restart from the Apple menu..."

That and the bug that used to make a big file copy take -189,000,000 minutes or whatever... and then the progress bar would just keep on going right out of the end of the box...

They just don't make em like they used to.

Still at least the Apple-Alt-Shift-Delete still makes the little Alien come and zap the selected item with a ray gun in Quark Xpress (well in 6.5 it still does at least)

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
sosumi
Uber Geek
Member # 1106

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 19, 2008 11:04      Profile for sosumi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

[shake head]

Posts: 845 | From: Boston | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 20, 2008 12:27      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have a couple. One is what happens when you get political / economic geeks playing Counter-Strike.

-

This one is from ages ago...yeah. No good explanation.

-

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 21, 2008 18:00      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
littlefish ____ I've come back to this topic several times since it was created to just look at your pic. - good job.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
littlefish
Member # 966

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2008 00:45      Profile for littlefish   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Aw, thanks.

It's amazing what you can do with a digital camera when you are bored.

Posts: 2421 | From: That London | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2008 04:26      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, I found myself staring into for ages -- it's like something from 2001... it's full of stars... [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 22, 2008 12:01      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Yes, I found myself staring into for ages -- it's like something from 2001... it's full of stars... [Smile]

Man...I can, like...see forever...

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 20:45      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This thread has reinvigorated my passion for life. Thank you, Goo.

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 23, 2008 22:00      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In a warped, the-Internet-has-changed-me way, this is my fav. screenshot for some time:
 -
I've kept that on my desktop since I originally took it 20 Oct 07...the orig. size is a scarring-for-life 1280x800.
Ever a fan of Spoonguard, its name is a Finder-ellipsing: jimbo-wales-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhh.png

Cheers to a fine friend for tackling a little detail for me. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture