homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Maybe now the popularity of tramp stamps will start to decline. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Maybe now the popularity of tramp stamps will start to decline.
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 23:58      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
business attire wrote:
Let's ignore the fact that it's really a picture of my ass that my roommate took to be cute, m'kay?

While we're at it, I suppose we should also ignore the fact that you don't crop the photo and show just the tattoo because you like the attention [Wink]

Oh... I was thinking providence. But whatever.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 07:00      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
business attire wrote:
Let's ignore the fact that it's really a picture of my ass that my roommate took to be cute, m'kay?

While we're at it, I suppose we should also ignore the fact that you don't crop the photo and show just the tattoo because you like the attention [Wink]

No, Steen, it's because I only have a copy of that image online and it's too much hassle for me to save it to my hard drive, edit it, upload it, and post it.
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 13:54      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, according a definition (It was posted by the cute girl with all the seemingly random letters for her username and the new ear piercing) on a previous topic, I have a tramp stamp. [Frown]

I have a tattoo of Tinkerbell on my lower back, but it's off to the right instead of in the middle. The purpose of its location was the opposite of drawing attention, however. My boyfriend at the time, who my parents didn't know about, bought it for my 19th birthday. Not only did I not want my parents to ask questions about my boyfriend, I didn't want to hear all the usual lectures about tattoos, and the location chosen was very easily hidden but still cute and feminine.

I'm still looking for pictures of my other tattoos. I will probably just take more.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 14:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
You know, according a definition (It was posted by the cute girl with all the seemingly random letters for her username and the new ear piercing)

That sounds like our 'Peebs'. (The letters in her username apparently mean something, but I cannae remember.) She is thus known as 'Peebs', thusly. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 14:15      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
IIRC it stands for "The Most Beautiful Woman In The World, Princess Bride"... or something very close to that!

And yes I know because I had to ask her way way ago when curiosity finally got the better of me... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1936 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 22:00      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

^ I usually don't like the look of tattoos, but this one is pretty cool [Razz]

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 12, 2007 22:17      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
IIRC it stands for "The Most Beautiful Woman In The World, Princess Bride"... or something very close to that!

And yes I know because I had to ask her way way ago when curiosity finally got the better of me... [Big Grin]

Very close. The last word is supposed to be Buttercup, but other than that spot on. I was going through one of my more obsessive phases with The Princess Bride at the time.

Well look at that, that was over five years ago now wasn't it? [crazy]

erynthenerd, I wouldn't consider that a tramp stamp I think. It may technically fit the definition (or maybe not since it isn't centered), but the term is usually used for tattoos that are cliché or trashy, particularly "tribal" tattoos or butterflies or something like that. I'd love to see the pictures. [Smile]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
—Miss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2007 01:28      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
You know, according a definition (It was posted by the cute girl with all the seemingly random letters for her username and the new ear piercing) on a previous topic, I have a tramp stamp. [Frown]

I have a tattoo of Tinkerbell on my lower back, but it's off to the right instead of in the middle. The purpose of its location was the opposite of drawing attention, however. My boyfriend at the time, who my parents didn't know about, bought it for my 19th birthday. Not only did I not want my parents to ask questions about my boyfriend, I didn't want to hear all the usual lectures about tattoos, and the location chosen was very easily hidden but still cute and feminine.

I'm still looking for pictures of my other tattoos. I will probably just take more.

Ha. I thought I posted that on this thread. Photos posted over there.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture