homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Maybe now the popularity of tramp stamps will start to decline. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Maybe now the popularity of tramp stamps will start to decline.
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 03, 2007 23:39      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.king5.com/health/stories/NW_120307HEK_tattoo_epid_SW.647e5a91.html

Do you suppose there are actually women who think about this kind of thing? The only things I've taken into consideration when planning the locations of my tattoos were 1) Can you see it when I'm wearing normal clothes? and 2) Is this going to look really stupid when I'm old and everything is saggy and wrinkly?

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 02:25      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erynthenerd ___________________ From an old bikers thouhts I would only worry if I saw "Owned and operated by Ashtry" on a womans behind.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 02:50      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Owned & operated by Ashtry? Why Ashtry? Worried it might be a woman you don't remember nailing? [Razz]
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 03:09      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erynthenerd ______________________ Ashtray was a particularly bad Biker from the Flint Mi, area. He earned the name when he was hit over the head with a large glass one, and still won the battle for Big Red. She was of couse Little Reds Big sister.

Isn't nailed a crude way of saying preparing the field for planting (plowing) and then seeding. You make it sound so dirty.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted December 04, 2007 06:56      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Epidurals are perfectly safe with tattoos. I'd be more worried about the crappy job someone did on the tattoo itself. [evil]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
quantumfluff
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 07:41      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This should be in the joke bank, but it's topically appropriate here.

As sometimes happens at bachelor parties, things got out of hand and a groom-to-be ends up getting his bride's name tattooed on his penis. He's a little sore the next day, but the wedding goes off without a hitch, and late that day they catch a flight to Jamaica for their honeymoon.

In the airport, he stops in the men's room. Standing at the urinal, he's asking himself why he got his dick tattooed and unthinkingly violates the one true code of men and glances at the guy next to him. He can't believe it. This guy has "Wendy" on his!

So he comments. "Wow, I thought I was the only guy who put his wife's name on his dick, but I see you have your's done too.". The guy looks down at his own and says, "No man, that's no one's name".

"But it says 'Wendy'".

"No man, when it's all out it says 'Welcome to Jamaica. Have a nice day.'"

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 11:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it was a stag-night prank, wouldn't they have tattooed some other womans name on his watzit? [evil]

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 14:13      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Maybe now the popularity of tramp stamps will start to decline.
Let's hope not. Those things make for great target practice.

/coat

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 14:54      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The better question is, why are you (people in general) getting a tattoo?

I dislike it when people just basically say "Oh just because" or "My parents will hate it so I'm going to do it just to spite them"

Do it because it is significant to you and means something.

And is a cool generic design significant enough to you to put on your body forever?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 15:24      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
target practice? Hmmm.... that gives me an idea. [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

CommanderShroom
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 15:33      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I got tattoos because I am a bad S.O.B.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 15:48      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
target practice? Hmmm.... that gives me an idea. [Smile]

Do I get first shot?
[Wink]

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 17:07      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
erynthenerd __________________________ I have some questions about what a tramp is: Tatoo-ed

Lady

Man

Hobo

Homeless

What to you defines a tramp stamp?

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 19:58      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stevenback7: Tattoos have a certain stigma and allure; if you have none, you don't get it. Personally, mine are all somewhat symbolic, or at the very least they are definitive of a specific time in my life.

MoMan:Definition of 'tramp stamp'. And in the specific context referenced, 'nailed' would equate to 'fornicated with'.

Cap'n: If you want to take the first shot you're going to have to work for it. [Smile]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 20:06      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan_______________A tramp stamp is all about location. On the lower back of a woman like this (Somewhat NSFW) one I drafted up.

Tomorrows lesson: Muffin tops and while I lurve them so.

Tonight, do some research on "Camel Toes" or as we call 'em in Canada; "Moose Knuckles".

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 04, 2007 20:28      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The definition of a tramp stamp from BME wiki (slightly NSFW):
quote:
"Tramp Stamp" is a derogatory term for lower back tattoos on women. The term originally applied to lower quality, often flash based designs (simple tribal work, butterflies, kanji, and so on) that were displayed seemingly to attract attention to partial nudity and to emphasize sexual availability, but the term can also be used to apply to all lower back tattoos that ride on the pant-line. The term "tramp stamp" is rarely applied to men, even though many men have almost identical tattoo placements.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2007 03:00      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All _______________________________ Just checking to see if The Mrs and myself qualify to be tramps. Never having been called that form of low life I was unsure. So I guess we are just scum bags or dirtbags while we are out on the bike.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 05, 2007 04:24      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm glad we could clear that up for you, MoMan! [Razz]

--------------------
Fresh Meat

ewomack
Highlie
Member # 3225

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 07, 2007 10:23      Profile for ewomack   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Does anyone have any data on the negative effect of Whale Tails? Or, as Wiki so delicately puts it: "Buttock Cleavage."

--------------------
Ed Womack
Get Milked

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 17:33      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My one and only tattoo (and anti tramp stamp):

-

Let's ignore the fact that it's really a picture of my ass that my roommate took to be cute, m'kay?

edit: I think this is the 3rd or 4th time I've actually posted this picture. I'm a one trick pony.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 17:47      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BOING!!!
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 18:13      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's awesome, business attire. I can honestly say I've never seen a tattoo in that location before.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Xanthine

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 19:03      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's a cool tattoo, but why that location?

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 19:15      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's unique, and you won't see it if I'm wearing a wedding dress or business attire.

I get tonnes of compliments on it.

GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 11, 2007 22:26      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
Let's ignore the fact that it's really a picture of my ass that my roommate took to be cute, m'kay?

While we're at it, I suppose we should also ignore the fact that you don't crop the photo and show just the tattoo because you like the attention [Wink]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture