homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Dollhouse - Joss Whedon's new series

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dollhouse - Joss Whedon's new series
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 02, 2007 18:18      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117975136.html?categoryid=14&cs=1

So... it actually sounds pretty cool. But all this time, I had been secretly hoping that they were going to realise that they'd made a mistake and get him to do more Firefly (from where the series left off, of course, pretending that the film didn't happen). Now I guess I can be sure that it's gone forever.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2007 06:33      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You and Michael. He was really peeved about Firefly and then about the movie.
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2007 06:46      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It should be good, but I thought he'd already started on "Ripper" (the Buffy spin off) ?

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Spiderman

Solid Nitrozanium Superfan!
Member # 1609

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2007 09:11      Profile for Spiderman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, Eliza Dushku [Wink]
Posts: 846 | From: Chicago | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 4 posted November 10, 2007 09:51      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hrmmmm, it doesn't sound that great to me. Sounds like an Alias re-work with a ton of blurry flashback scenes.

No, I'm not still grumpy over Firefly . Not at all. [Mad]

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 5 posted November 10, 2007 17:17      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So... secret agents get personality & memory implants, carry out the mission, and when they're done the whole thing gets wiped?

Damn, that sounds familiar from somewhere!

Does anyone else get that, or is it just me? [Confused]

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Zwilnik

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2007 18:53      Profile for Zwilnik   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Dave:
So... secret agents get personality & memory implants, carry out the mission, and when they're done the whole thing gets wiped?

Damn, that sounds familiar from somewhere!

Does anyone else get that, or is it just me? [Confused]

Yes, but Eliza Dushku looks a lot better than Joe 90 [Smile]

--------------------
The Universe is entirely made up of elements.
The most important of which is the element of surprise.

Posts: 1040 | From: West Sussex, UK | Registered: Dec 2000  |  IP: Logged
Mr. Dave
Geek
Member # 1977

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 10, 2007 22:19      Profile for Mr. Dave     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Zwilnik:
...Eliza Dushku looks a lot better than Joe 90 [Smile]

True, but I don't think that's it. (I had to Google "Joe 90"). One of my previous selves has a dim recollection of a series from (I think) the late '70s (not many episodes - maybe just a pilot) about an American agent captured by the Chinese, who accidentally erased his memory. The loss was permanent, but the CIA discovered they could load him with a temporary personality and memories which would fade after 48 hours - his wristwatch showed a countdown of the time remaining.

It also suggests Effinger's novel When Gravity Fails, where people wear temporary personality implants as fashion accessories. Makes that serial killer a right pain to track down.

I dunno - maybe what I'm "remembering" is just the synthesis of a bunch of different things...

--------------------
I'm not normally like this, but then I'm not normally normal.

Posts: 193 | From: Leverkusen Institute of Paleocybernetics | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
erynthenerd
Mini Geek
Member # 12416

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 01:36      Profile for erynthenerd   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
<3 Joss Whedon. Dude turns everything he touches into geek gold.

--------------------
Fresh Meat

Posts: 66 | From: Central Washington | Registered: Nov 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2007 16:32      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by erynthenerd:
<3 Joss Whedon. Dude turns everything he touches into geek gold.

Yeah... like those episodes of the Rosanne show that he wrote. Geeks just flocked to that sitcom.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture