homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I'm going to be gone for a while

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm going to be gone for a while
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 10:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There used to be a post that someone set up for if someone was to be gone for an extended period of time. I could not find this post so thought I would start a new one.

Well I'm going to be gone for a while. 15+ weeks depending on how well I do in basic. Since on my drill weekends I feel 100x better and more fit and thats only 3 days going without my vise's I think I will do preatty good. And my AIT is realitvly short I should be back at the very end of this year or the very beggining of next. We where told since our AIT ends when the base will be closed for the holidays they don't know if we will get off early or have to go back.

I will be around for the next 8 days but won't be on-line much. So if I don't get back to here before I leave, have a good time people.

-Pvt. MacD

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 11:17      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
have fun Mac D [Smile]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 1 posted August 27, 2007 22:30      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jump on if you can and let us know how your doing in basic.
and if you need cookies let me know i am sure i can get you some.
what branch did you pick?

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
HubmaN
Geek Larva
Member # 7554

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 07:31      Profile for HubmaN   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ooh, the army? Shweet... please do tell us what it's like... the myths and all... [Confused]

--------------------
"...they will see us waiting on such great heights, come down now, they'll say..."

Posts: 29 | From: Bangkok, Thailand | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted August 28, 2007 07:47      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm not the only Millitary person that posts here. But when I get out of basic I will try to post about it. I'll see if I can have my laptop in AIT and have a way to get it thru a network of family members that streches from here in MN all the way to North KY.

As for cokies, thanks for the offer but I heard the only way to get said cokies if they are sent to you is by doing a lot of push ups for them. So I think I will pass lol.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 29, 2007 09:06      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good luck dude. We'll keep the home fires burning for ya.

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture