homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I'm back, reincarnated..

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I'm back, reincarnated..
bull3t-wounds
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9806

Rate Member
Icon 4 posted July 22, 2007 07:54      Profile for bull3t-wounds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I know theres got to be at least a few old timers still around that remember good ol' bull3t. I'm still alive and kicking.. but I joined the Army and I'm in Iraq right now. Haha, who would have thought?

--------------------
PV2 Jeremy Payne, USA aka bull3t

Posts: 12 | From: Al Asad Air Base, Iraq | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 08:30      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey,

Yeah I came probably long after you left but its always good to have some old blood put back into the system.

Welcome Back - what are you doing in the army?

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 22, 2007 08:33      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bull3t! Good to see you posting.

I was wondering if you got in the Army or not.

Send me an email sometime commandershroom(at)gmail(dot)com

And I have an old laptop around here. But I like you too much to do that to ya.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 00:22      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think I remember you. I too reacently joined the army. 19kilo I leave for BCT in 43 days.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 03:11      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello bull3t!

I'm a more recent GC'er. But, welcome back!

I think there's another GC'er who's also currently out in Iraq. He might be in Al Asad as well. He's a young marine.

Take care!

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 03:21      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hai! I send you a PM too, in case you forget to check back.

Stop over at http://www.booksforsoldiers.com/ and http://www.operationhomefront.org/Info/info_troopstuff.shtml too.

=) Nice to see you back.

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 05:45      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know what Al Asad is, for all I know its a district of Baghdad. But I believe Jace is in Baghdad.

At least I think thats why he tells me stories that start with "So I was walking through Baghdad today..."

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 06:16      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Last I heard, Jace and his unit are out of Baghdad and in the boonies somewhere.
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 07:45      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
He told me the "I was walking through baghdad today.." story last week, maybe 2 weeks ago.

I have no idea where he is. He was online this morning, but idle and I had to jet to work.

bull3t-wounds
Maximum Newbie
Member # 9806

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 10:39      Profile for bull3t-wounds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I left for basic training on October 31, 06. My favorite holiday.. no candy hahaha. I'm a 63b, which is a wheeled vehicle mechanic. I was going to get into the computer field (obviously), but I ended up getting turned down for a secret clearance. Oh well, I'm a grease monkey now. Those of you who know me are familiar with how much of a smartass I am. Just imagine the fun my drill sargeants had with me! haha it was fun though.

Mac D, you're going to be a tanker, huh? You'll be going to Ft Knox then, where I went for basic training. Everyone you train with will be a tanker, and you'll be in the Disney barracks. You'll know what I'm talking about soon enough. When you get to reception, ask about 1/46 Inf Battalion. Thats where everyone whos not a tanker or cav scout goes for bct at knox. Have fun with those M1 Abrams!

As for me, I'm with 541st Trans Co. I work on Freightliner trucks converted for the Army, I work outside, and it was 115 in the shade this afternoon. OH! And I got married! And shes great!

Pictures soon!

Lots of love,
bull3t

PS, Jace is back again? how many times is that? Oh well, Marines only come here for 7 mos! I'm here for 14 [Razz]

--------------------
PV2 Jeremy Payne, USA aka bull3t

Posts: 12 | From: Al Asad Air Base, Iraq | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 11:38      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace is out 13 months...
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 13:30      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Glad to see you posting again! Shall we send you silly string? Please keep safe. You and Jace are in my thoughts!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 15:02      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Jace mentioned his unit (G6 Marines?) moved to Al Asad very recently. But I could be wrong.
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted July 23, 2007 15:13      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back in Al Asad. I was only in Baghdad for a week or so.

I'm working on the Generals Staff (G6) for 2nd MAW.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 05:35      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ah, BBK, you are all that is good and right in the world and I'm just floating along in a sea of wrong as you sail by in your ship of right.
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 06:05      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, BA! Wipe that dribble of sarcasm off your chin. ;-)

I just happen to keep in touch with Jace from time to time. That's all. [Smile]

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 06:10      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so do I...

and I LIKE being sarcastic and abrasive.

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 06:14      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
just as I try to be a geeky Martha Stewart! [Big Grin]

Hehehe! Truce if I find pineapple Kitkat for you?

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 07:50      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TRUCE!!

although I like being a geeky martha stewart too...

I googled that and got this:
 -

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 07:59      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's so kawaiiiiii!!! Have you got the link for it?
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 08:25      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
um... no. google "geeky martha stewart"
Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 08:46      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by bull3t-wounds:

Mac D, you're going to be a tanker, huh? You'll be going to Ft Knox then, where I went for basic training. Everyone you train with will be a tanker, and you'll be in the Disney barracks. You'll know what I'm talking about soon enough. When you get to reception, ask about 1/46 Inf Battalion. Thats where everyone whos not a tanker or cav scout goes for bct at knox. Have fun with those M1 Abrams!

I am going to Ft. Knox!!! But there is another 19kilo that I know that is not going there. I can't remember where they are going. I want to say Missouri but don't quote me on that.

And Congrats on getting married.

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture