homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » It's not about Politics (yaaaayyyyy)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's not about Politics (yaaaayyyyy)
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 16:38      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you would be so inclined,

maximile has designed a terrific website for our non-profit entity according to our specifications.

His design is elegant and to the point. He offered us several options and the link below will take you to the one that has been propagating on the Web for about two weeks now.

Click on the Young Adult Center link in my .sig to see Max's fine work.

He's now working on our Garlic Head update as well.

Thanks max!

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 19, 2007 16:48      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work Max.

And a great thing you are doing too, GG. I take it that things are still progressing with the project then?

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 16:58      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn nice work from Max and a nice site clearly promoting your project in good clear "plain English".

Well done to both of you. And good luck with the project as ever.

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 17:02      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi Shroomy!

Yes, I have been trying to spend more time carrying the project forward. Also, I spend some volunteer time at the county Youth Home (18 and under) when the Director Couple there needs a break. (Between that and a couple of ongoing health issues, I haven't been spending nearly as much time with the distractions that I often enjoy, including GC.)

We're trying to get a couple of small fundraising concerts going locally as well as some other events.

The curriculum I've been writing has received a bit of positive attention within the field, and that is encouraging.

Now, if we could just get that other building constructed... [Big Grin]

Thanks for asking, Commander.

quote:
Originally posted by Serenak:
Damn nice work from Max and a nice site clearly promoting your project in good clear "plain English".

Well done to both of you. And good luck with the project as ever.

Thanks for your kind words good friend.
[Wink]

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
YaYawoman

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 4505

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 18:07      Profile for YaYawoman     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good job max and gg.
Posts: 765 | From: virginia | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 19, 2007 19:17      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Smile]

It's an awesome project, and I was glad I could help.

Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted July 19, 2007 21:07      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, now I can assert that maximile's favourite colour is green [Big Grin] Nice job dude [thumbsup]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 20, 2007 02:04      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice work, Max! (And you too, GG.)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 21, 2007 19:08      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow nice job Max. [thumbsup]

As well congrats to GG for starting such an awesome organization.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture