homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Girth and Nudity: Mr. Spock digs the large ladies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Girth and Nudity: Mr. Spock digs the large ladies
fs

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 23:20      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Girth and Nudity, a Pictorial Mission
By ABBY ELLIN
Published: May 13, 2007

BEFORE we begin, let’s get one thing out of the way: Yes, Leonard Nimoy is more than happy to do it — the Vulcan salute, the gesture that launched a thousand spaceships. He does so easily, effortlessly: palm outward, fingers extended, the index and middle finger smashed together, the ring finger and pinky touching, the thumb sticking out on its own.

“People ask me all the time,” Mr. Nimoy said, carrying saucers of coffee and tea into his art-filled living room off Central Park West. He placed them next to galleys of his forthcoming photography book, which sat near a copy of “Carnal Knowing: Female Nakedness and Religious Meaning in the Christian West,” by Margaret R. Miles, and a folder of news clippings on obesity.

“You see what I have here, about the health guidelines for models?” he asked, pointing a long, tapered finger toward the file.

Read more...

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 23:46      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sweet [Smile]

Way to go Leonard Nimoy!

He did a similar thing earlier (I can't read the link, as it requires registration) called "The Full Body Project"....
Either way, his taste is nice.
Though, some pics from the full body project were a bit too much of a ridicule for me from time to time...

Anyways,
Let's start this glorious workday....
..and hope I see plenty of the large beautiful ladies!!

Thomas

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 09, 2007 23:50      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I read the article I was thinking, "Oh, Tom would like this!"

--------------------

Mac D
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 00:37      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
At Geek Prom 2007 we had a life size cut out of Spock. Here is Me with the cut out. lol

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tom- geeking around

Member # 2876

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 01:35      Profile for Tom- geeking around   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Am I *THAT* predictable?

Or maybe my likings are just all too well-known...

LOL

--------------------
Pizza and ginormous jugs is what I need!

Posts: 374 | From: Vienna | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 05:39      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're definitely a little too well known.

My favorite part?
"get a FREE* trial of Hoodia Patch!" in the advertising

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 17:29      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
[QB] At Geek Prom 2007 we had a life size cut out of Spock. Here is Me with the cut out. lol

Is that a phaser in your pocket or are you just happy to see him?

--------------------
(!) (T) = 8-D

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 17:54      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That's pretty cool. I'd actually love to pose for something like that, but I have no idea how or where I'd safely inquire about that sort of thing.

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 18:05      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TMBWITW,PB:
That's pretty cool. I'd actually love to pose for something like that, but I have no idea how or where I'd safely inquire about that sort of thing.

I imagine that sort of thing could be, *ahem*, easelly arranged. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 18:26      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know, I've never worked with sheep before. [Razz]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 19:34      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh geez I entirely missed the pun. I must have been in the wrong frame of mind.

--------------------
óMiss Piggy

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 04:45      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't know if the others appreciate us punifying the thread -- we'll have to canvas opinion.

--------------------

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 05:36      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't mind peebs' puns, but spungo-- you're a real work of art.
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 08:35      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Here we were having a serious discussion and you all have to start with the puns. Next thing you know there will be off-color remarks made about livestock.

--------------------

spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 08:52      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
C'mon, jokes about animals? That just sounds like easy Monet.

--------------------

Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 12:11      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh noes... Ver-meer hint of a pun and the flood gates are opened!

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 14:21      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If there are any more of these arty-puns, I shall have to call a Constable

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 14:33      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
TFD - you're just jumping on the bandwagon....or is it a Haywain?

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
spungo
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 14:42      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, being a punnilinguist is a great way to hijack a thread... in Pissaro-world! </Comic Book Guy>

--------------------

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 18:19      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Spungo wrote:

C'mon, jokes about animals? That just sounds like easy Monet.

<Regan>

Well there you Gauguin.

</Regan>

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 05:59      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Man, you guys are good. These are making me laugh with Klee.
NoRealReason
Mini Geek
Member # 6992

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 11:24      Profile for NoRealReason   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I find all these puns a bit abstract , but they are making quite an impression on me.
[ohwell]

Posts: 70 | From: Never you mind | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted July 12, 2007 21:31      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
After a Copley serious things regarding this post, I'll get to my pun:

(1) The article in the NYT was about the "Maximum Beauty" show.
(2) A preview and a message from Mr. Nimoy about the purpose of this particular show is on the R. Michelson Galleries Page.

And for those who want to read the article but don't want to deal with the NYT login/registration? Go here.

Erm, my pun-making skills are sketchy at best. I'll have to pencil in some time to learn how to make them.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture