homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I won a Wii from Wendy's!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I won a Wii from Wendy's!
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted July 03, 2007 09:31      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wendy's is running a contest to win a Wii and Wii related products and today I won a Wii through the free method to enter!
http://wendys.eprize.net/winawii/alt .

The contest ends 7/31 so I have to wait 6-8 weeks after the contest ends to get it.

I was surprised, I've been entering through the free entry method since the contest started. I can't stop grinning [Big Grin]

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 03, 2007 09:48      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nice! I guess the news bowled you over! [Big Grin]
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 10:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You're actually the first person I've ever encountered who's actually won something from the free entry method.

Congratulations!

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
DoctorWho

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 392

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 11:20      Profile for DoctorWho     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[thumbsup] [thumbsup] [thumbsup]
Congrats Bibo [Big Grin]
Be careful though, Wii Sports is addictive.

--------------------
Laughter is like changing a baby's diapers. It doesn't solve anything but it sure improves the situation. Leo F. Buscaglia

Posts: 1694 | From: The TARDIS | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 12:31      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Too cool! I win stupid prizes at shower parties, but never any thing really cool! Three cheers!
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted July 03, 2007 12:43      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I'm jealous. I shouldn't, as I don't enter contests and thus have no chance to win anything, but I went shopping yesterday hoping to find one, and couldn't. The Toys 'R Us clerk told me they had some in stock for some days the previous week, but they were now all out. So I'm still without a Wii. [Frown] (There were none at the FutureShop, and I don't shop at BestBuy - I just dislike them.)

But still, congrats to you! [thumbsup]

Worth an edit: I'm not jealous anymore. I just found one - and bought it! Now, I just have to hook it up and play!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 13:16      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
congrats [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
davor
Mini Geek
Member # 3073

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted July 03, 2007 13:39      Profile for davor   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hiya Wendy send one Wii over to Europe [Razz]

--------------------
Davor

http://davortech.wordpress.com

Posts: 51 | From: europe | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2007 05:57      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was going to fill out the online form like Bibo did, but there's a section there that requires you to input your cell phone number and agree to receive text messages (and their associated costs). I have text messaging turned off on my phone, but even if I didn't, how can you stop receiving those messages after they start?

Oh. I just looked at the form again. The asterisks - unlike 99.9% of other forms - mean that info is optional. Oy! Why did they have to be different and reverse the traditional system?

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2007 08:13      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Rhonwyyn:
Oy! Why did they have to be different and reverse the traditional system?

Hmmm, so people will fill it in without thinking, maybe?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2007 13:53      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow. I think that's the first time I've ever seen someone win one of those contests [Smile]

Congratulations!

Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 04, 2007 17:54      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be jealous but I just bought a Wii from a friend of mine, virtually new. However, I am jealous that you got yours for free. [Big Grin]
Now I wonder what I will do for the time I am not playing World of Warcraft? Sleep? Eat? Work? Play Wii SPorts? Watch what happens, I'll be spending all my time playing WoW and Wii. LOL [crazy] Sleep, eat, who needs to do that? [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted July 05, 2007 08:38      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That is so bizarre, yet extraordinarily cool! I never thought they actually ever put prizes in the "Free to Enter" zone, but here is proof it actually happens.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 05, 2007 08:50      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Now I just have to patiently wait for it to arrive. I too have been trying to get my hands on a Wii. A few weeks ago a coworker found 2 of them at a superstore but I could not afford to get the other one. Glad I couldn't get it then. Time to go buy Zelda for the Wii!
joliet_jane
Alpha Geek
Member # 818

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 16:32      Profile for joliet_jane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Great news! I didn't get a Wii, but I was happy with my magnetic Mario toy! [Smile]

I once saw a black Hummer with the Mountain Dew slogan "Do the Dew" on the side that was being given away by Taco Bell as part of a Star Wars promotion.

--------------------
Please Visit http://www.wideweb.com/phonetrips/
And for Phun on the Phone:
http://www.Telephone-Entertainment.com/

Posts: 330 | From: PA | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 19:24      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
To my excitement my Wii arrived this week, perfect timing for the long upcoming holiday weekend! Odd thing is the prize fulfillment center was only 5 miles away from my home. Gonna have to get the new Metroid that is being released on the 28th. I also now know how out of shape I'm in just from playing Wii Sports and Wii Play [blush]
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 20:36      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Damn you Bibo

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TMBWITW,PB

Member # 1734

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 26, 2007 20:50      Profile for TMBWITW,PB     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, you actually got it! Congratulations. [thumbsup] Naturally, I am not jealous at all. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
óMiss Piggy

Posts: 4010 | From: my couch | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture