homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I just took another step... (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: I just took another step...
TSG
Mini Geek
Member # 8350

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 06:44      Profile for TSG     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been struggling to lose my last 20 pounds for about 6 months. It's down to 10 officially as of Saturday.

My body has spent a great deal of time reshaping itself over the last six months, and I've built some muscle. That's why I try very hard to NOT pay attention to the scale too much. It counts, but not as much as say - how my clothes fit.

--------------------
Great friendships can only exist between equals

Posts: 68 | From: Wisconsin | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 06:59      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ugh, I've gained even more weight since stereo started this whole thread. Officially up 11 pounds from my previous 145, actually, despite a healthy and active lifestyle. All gained in the past 3 months.

I blame the hormones I'm taking. My doctor does too, as she told me last Tuesday. Apparently its a common side effect :shrug: I've actually gone up two bra sizes, from B to D, and I keep telling myself that most of the weight I've gained is in the form of the pendulous meat pelts hanging off my chest, and not on my butt.

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted July 24, 2007 07:21      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
BA, dear, are you looking for a lover? 'Cause you're about to turn most - if not all - local male geeks into drooling, oogling love- (or sex-) slaves if you continue boasting about your feminine attributes this way... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 07:25      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you call "pendulous meat pelts" bragging? [Wink]

also, a girl should never turn down an opportunity to flaunt a little and be funny at the same time.

As bodacious and lusciously full figured as you are, I'm surprised you don't brag about your own meat pelts [Smile]

zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 07:59      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:
Ugh, I've gained even more weight since stereo started this whole thread. Officially up 11 pounds from my previous 145, actually, despite a healthy and active lifestyle. All gained in the past 3 months.

I blame the hormones I'm taking. My doctor does too, as she told me last Tuesday. Apparently its a common side effect :shrug: I've actually gone up two bra sizes, from B to D, and I keep telling myself that most of the weight I've gained is in the form of the pendulous meat pelts hanging off my chest, and not on my butt.

Well then, you know the drill. All in the name of science, right fellas? [evil]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 08:00      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
As bodacious and lusciously full figured as you are, I'm surprised you don't brag about your own meat pelts [Smile]

There's not much to brag about an uneven (big) B-(medium) C. My body fat is like icing on a cake: evenly spread all around. I'd like to say that I'm nice to squeeze from all sides, but after your own temptations, it may be too much for our male friends. [Big Grin]

quote:
also, a girl should never turn down an opportunity to flaunt a little and be funny at the same time.

Ah, you're right. So no more false humility: you should see what I can do with a Wii! [Eek!] [crazy] [Cool]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 08:23      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

I don't think you're allowed to say things like that anymore, as you've entirely stopped talking to me. Hmmph!
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 11:04      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by zesovietrussian:

I don't think you're allowed to say things like that anymore, as you've entirely stopped talking to me. Hmmph!
Okay then... I'll ask for the scientific evidence [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 12:16      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
bah.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 13:35      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted July 24, 2007 18:24      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I've actually gone up two bra sizes, from B to D, and I keep telling myself that most of the weight I've gained is in the form of the pendulous meat pelts hanging off my chest, and not on my butt.

Pics or it never happened.
Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted August 23, 2007 04:44      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey, time for another update!

So this morning, I weighed in at 84,2 kg (about 185,5 lbs)
Bust: 110 cm
Waist: 91,5 cm
Hips: 108 cm

I don't know how accurate the weigth is, because yesterday, I was as 85 - 800 g lost in a day (almost 2 pounds)? Seems like I lost some water, and I'll go up once that's stabilized. Or that I was boasted for some reason, and that training cleared up that. So I'll keep it this way for now. Also, I may not have lost at the waist, but my fat reserve above and under my waist (lower thorax and higher hips) have gone down about 1 cm, so it's ok.

Conclusion: two months in my training, I'm still pretty happy with the results. In a little more than a week, I'll start a new routine focused on weight loss, so next month's update may show even more results - I hope! [Wink]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted August 25, 2007 17:46      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Stereo! You might want to check this out. It looks like they operate out by your neck of the woods. :-)

http://www.cardiopleinair.ca/en/index.php

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted September 25, 2007 07:05      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bringing the thread back again for the third monthly update.

So this morning, the scale showed 83 kg (about 183 lbs), although shifting my weight around managed to trick it down to 82,8 kg.
Bust: 109 cm (42 7/8 in.)
Waist: 91 cm (35 7/8 in.)
Hips: 108 cm (42 1/2 in.)

So after 3 months of regular exercising, I have lost 2.6 kg of total weight (more, if you exclude the muscle mass gain, but I can't say how much) and about 1-2 cm from my original measurements. Flat and toned tummy is rising on my horizon. [Big Grin]

I kinda expected better results, but at least, I'm still losing. Some clothes I couldn't wear because they were too tight are now fitting. So I'll hang in, and continue to train, until I reach my goal of a below-30 BMI. I still have to lose 8 kg, but everyone tell me my efforts are showing results. (My mother looked impressed last week-end, so I take that as a good sign.)

Oh, and I'll continue bothering you with it until my goal is reached (then I'll throw a virtual party) or the end of my 12 month gym registration. [Big Grin]

Oh, and I bought a bicycle, so I'll have another way to burn calories. Maybe next summer, I'll go to work with it.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted September 25, 2007 18:05      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome work Stereo!!!

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted October 23, 2007 06:22      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Fourth month's results are in!

Weight: 81 kg* (about 178 lbs - finally, I'm under 180! Yay me!)
Bust: 108 cm (42,5 in.)
Waist: 90 cm (35,5 in. - getting real close to break under the 35 in. limit health sites are warning about)
Hips: 107 cm (42 in.)

* Now, this month's weight loss isn't entirely due to exercising, as I caught a bad bug that got me sick over the weekend. But I ate normally yesterday, so I guess I can take it as official, and have it as reference point for next month.

This month's comments: I can see the first milestones getting real close. There's the 35 in waist mark I just mentioned, and I'll soon have lost 10% of body mass since my highest plateau. still have plenty of work ahead for getting under a 30 BMI, but if I keep the current rate, I should reach it within 6 months or so. (On the downside, I would have to go down to 65 kg to reach a "healty" BMI. Yes, still plenty of work ahead.)

Oh, and my gym got a DDR machine! One more reason to go regularly! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted October 23, 2007 19:06      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

awesome Stereo.

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
hal9000
Geek
Member # 9896

Icon 6 posted October 24, 2007 20:50      Profile for hal9000   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A fellow was reading the paper one day lamenting the fact that his doctor has ordered him to lose 75 pounds. Next thing he sees is an advertisement for a guaranteed weight loss program. "Guaranteed like heck," he thinks to himself. "But lets see what they think they can do." He calls them on the phone and subscribes to the 3 day, 10 LB weight loss program.

The next day there comes a knock at his door, and when he answers, there stands before him a voluptuous, athletic 19 year old babe dressed in nothing but a pair of Nikes and a sign hanging around her neck. She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me." Without a second thought he takes off after her. A few miles later, huffing and puffing, he finally catches her and has his way with her. After they are through he kisses the girl one last time and thinks to himself with a nod, "I like the way this company does business." For the next two days, the same girl shows up and the same thing happens each time. On the fourth day, he weigh himself and, sure enough, he has lost 10 pounds.

Deciding that he likes his somewhat more slender physique, not to mention the method of treatment, he calls the company back and subscribes to their 5 day, 20 LB weight loss program. He thinks that losing 20 pounds in only 5 days seems like a lot, but he is intrigued by what their workout schedule might be like this time.

As expected, the next day there comes a knock at his door. When he answers it there stands a 22 year old knockout dressed in nothing but a pair of Reeboks and a sign hanging around her neck. She is simply stunning, the most beautiful woman he has ever seen. She introduces herself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If you can catch me, you can have me." He's out the door like a shot. This gal is in excellent shape and it takes a while to catch her. But when he does, it is worth every cramp and wheeze. She is wonderful, the best he has ever had. He is really looking forward to the next four days... For the next four days, the same girl shows up and the same thing happens each time, much to his delight. On the sixth day, he weighs himself and, unbelievably, he has lost another 20 pounds.

I love this company, he thinks to himself, "I never knew losing weight could be so easy and so much fun." Feeling much better about himself, he decides to go for broke and subscribe to the company's 7 day, 50 pound weight loss program. "Are you sure, sir?" Asks the representative on the phone. "This is our most vigorous program." "Absolutely," says he, "I love your program. Haven't felt this good in years!"

The next day there comes a knock at his door and he enthusiastically answers it. There stands before him a 200 pound perfect specimen of a man dressed in nothing but racing spikes and a sign around his neck. He introduces himself as a representative of the weight loss company. The sign reads, "If I can catch you, I can have you."

--------------------
P.E.B.K.A.C. if you can fix this, you can fix anything.

Posts: 183 | From: VA under a bridge living in a van. | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted October 25, 2007 10:08      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hal: Do you think I could register for their 50 pounds weight loss program and pretend I'm male? The guy wouldn't have much problem catching me... [crazy] (I've never been a good runner, so my chances are that taking the 10 or 20 lbs program as a female would make me lose weight, but I couldn't get the perks...)

Good one, anyway. [Big Grin] (And laughter is said to be a great exercise, too!)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted November 27, 2007 08:04      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Guess what? Month #5 update!

The news are mixed this month. I weighed in at 81,6 kg (about 175.5 lbs), and that would be a slight increase. But if you read last month's update, I got sick just before giving the results, and as could be guessed, I gained some more before losing it again. As for measurements:

Bust: 108 cm (42,5 in.)
Waist: 90 cm (35,5 in.)
Hips: 106,5 cm (42 in.)

Again, not much changes except for a slight decrease at the hips. So I'd say the slight gain of weight was the result of an increase muscular mass rather than putting back some fat. And there's some good news in another number: beyond the usual bust/waist/hip, I also measure the "fat storage areas", among others: my circumference at the upper hip bone (rather than the fullest of my bottom), and there I lost a full 2 cm.

So I still hope to reach two important milestones within the next month, that is, a 10% loss of body mass, and a waist of 35 in. (about 88,5 cm) or lower. That means, losing a little more than 1 kg and 0,5 cm at the waist. (All right, if I was to exclude the muscle mass gain, I probably already reached the first one. But being that close, I'll keep it straight, as it only makes the feat greater.) Oh, and I should have my second fitness test in December too, so it's going to be a big update next month!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2009 10:26      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HOLY NECROPOST!

but I was thinking about this thread, and what are you gonna do? Kick me off the forum?

Stereo, did you lose more weight?

Anybody else lose more weight?

I lost all mine and more that I was complaining about back then. Lost the pendulous meat pelts, too. [Smile]

Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2009 11:39      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
t + 1 year, haven't gained any weight back.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2009 11:47      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
Well, This looks fun, and so its not just the ladies, i will join in as well.

Height 193 cm
weight 92 kg (down from 105 when I moved here and gave up driving)
BMI 24.7 ( I guess 25 is on the high end of healthy)

I don't know my bust size and I cannot do the other measurements as the only ruler in my office is staight and that would look a bit weird to my coworkers, me measureing my bust and all. ( I did have some small man boobs when I was heavier though. )

wow, that was a while ago, I am actually at 81 kg now, and have been so for a year, almost.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 07, 2009 11:57      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Heh! No. I even stopped training. Yeah, I know, bad Stereo. At some point, I just couldn't bother using over two hours two or three times a week to see zero results.

Of course, I put back some weight, but not all I have lost. And I do try to exercise every once in a while. I have my Wii Fit, and I just bought some exercise DVDs. The problem still stays that I try not to make too much noise so not to annoy my downstair neighbour. Otherwise, I would DDR into underweight levels! (Ok, probably not, but you know what I mean.)

And related to that, you have missed some not-quite-news-but-almost: I have started looking around to buy a house, and thus get rid of down- (and up-!) stairs neighbours altogether. No more limitations when I feel like making noise and pounding on the floor, no more being annoyed by the kid running and the mother walking hard. With mortgage rates at record lows (do someone remember about almost 20% rates?) and more people selling than buying, it's perfect time. I just dread the trouble, but I think it's going to be worth it.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2009 14:24      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
HOLY NECROPOST!

but I was thinking about this thread, and what are you gonna do? Kick me off the forum?

Of course we wouldn't kick you off the forum

*installs a water purifier on the water line leading to BA's shower*

[Big Grin]

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture