homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Auditions

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Auditions
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 03:14      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OK prepare yourself. This is gonna be really cool. As some of you are aware, I'm off work at the minute with a broken ankle and theres only so much gaming a man can do. So..I started a writing a new book. Its probably gonna be the coolest thing I've ever written. So far I've written the outline and the prologue, without giving to much away I offer you all this forum in which you can "audition" to become a charachter in my book. I will post the results of the auditions on friday and anyone who competes will get a mention. To give you a flavour, its a neo political thriller set in..actually I won't give it away yet. The main charachter will be a guy, although I think his love interest has a more interesting role. Plus there are many other parts with excellent personalities. I'm actually worried I won't fit it all into one book..anyway get into charachter and impress each other. Have fun! [Cool]
Posts: 23 | From: dublin | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 08:19      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/loves a challenge.

Kindly explain what you mean by audition...

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 12, 2007 08:43      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would be interested, if I knew what to do [Roll Eyes]
Whatever, I'm in [Big Grin]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
spungo
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1089

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 08:50      Profile for spungo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, actually, I'm a pretty little green-eyed schoolgirl with blonde ringlets and a gingham dress -- I only masquerade as a greasy, thirty-stone, middle-aged, sweat-saturated, cigar-chewing, ex-trucker, Nam Vet, Unabomber-shack-dwelling, crack-addict, fugative from Buttplug, Idaho. Folks ain't so scared of my cunning disguise. [Smile]

--------------------
Shameless plug. (Please forgive me.)

Posts: 6529 | From: Noba Scoba | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 09:40      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
I only masquerade as a greasy, thirty-stone, middle-aged, sweat-saturated, cigar-chewing, ex-trucker, Nam Vet, Unabomber-shack-dwelling, crack-addict, fugative from Buttplug, Idaho. Folks ain't so scared of my cunning disguise. [Smile]

Thanks spungo! I forgot to include those few descriptive items in my profile...

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 12:01      Profile for [..Eternal-Lullaby..]   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, to describe my character...

I'm a sexy brunette woman with a fetish for flakes and honeycomb ice cream and I come from a long line of samurai warriors and as a result, I have a very naughty habit of keeping a rather large Katana in my PVC lingerie...

Would certainly make for a unique love interest ha ha.

By the way, I would love to know more about your book. Is there not anything more you could possibly spill?

Posts: 18 | From: Ellesmere Port | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 12:22      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]:
I have a very naughty habit of keeping a rather large Katana in my PVC lingerie...

We just thought you were happy to see us

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Grummash

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 4289

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 12:28      Profile for Grummash     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ..Eternal-Lullaby.. -
I'm a sexy brunette woman with a fetish for flakes and honeycomb ice cream and I come from a long line of samurai warriors and as a result, I have a very naughty habit of keeping a rather large Katana in my PVC lingerie...

Oh no - you can't say that ...think of my blood pressure! [Wink]

--------------------
...and yet, across the gulf of space, minds immeasurably superior to ours regarded this earth with envious eyes...

Posts: 2335 | From: Lancashire,UK | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 12:40      Profile for [..Eternal-Lullaby..]   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Grummash:

Oh no - you can't say that ...think of my blood pressure! [Wink]

He he I don't think it would be your blood pressure I would be thinking of [Razz]

Lost1soul
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8387

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 12:50      Profile for Lost1soul     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have absolutely nothing interesting to add to you book.......well, besides the fact that I'm completely awesome in every way! Anyway, good luck with your book.
Posts: 33 | From: Hampton Roads, Virginia | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 13:15      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Me? I'd like to have the "girl nobody notice" part - just does her little things when all is fine, gets the job done when everyone else is panicking. Then goes back to her little things. An efficient executant, if you prefer. (You know, that kind of job is underrated - while the hero has to kick and break all around to reach his goal, the "efficient executant" knows from the start which button to push, and when to push it to get the most of it.)

That would be pretty close to the real me; I never work better than under pressure. But truth is, when I get cranky, I'm hard to ignore... (Does the part includes insulting the superior when he messes up in the worst of the heat? All the better!)

Oh, and I wouldn't mind being in the villains' camp. This is fiction we're talking, so why not have some fun while at it?

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 14:14      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I would love to be the character what gets killed in the first scene of the book. But nothing is better then the main character getting killed in the first scene.

If you need anything for your book - then just ask especially if you want a character what needs to die.

So i'm guessing the best way to describe my character would be a 6.5 tall man with wide shoulders, brown hair, blue eyes, white (sorry didn't want to attempt to spell today) coming out of a dark corner only to be shot on site by the main character. Upon the shooting death of me the main character would say some witty remark. There would be no need for a personality description of me since i get shot. - that would be my vision if i was ever in a book.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 15:43      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oos sorry sounds like I wasn't very specific. Just describe your charachter and go off on one in charachter. Just whip up a mad speech or have fun in general. Any aspiring james bond types out there? Even an austin powers?
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 15:46      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stereo and lullaby have the right idea, keep em coming and don't be afraid to elaborate on a charachter you have already submitted!
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 15:51      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by spungo:
Well, actually, I'm a pretty little green-eyed schoolgirl with blonde ringlets and a gingham dress -- I only masquerade as a greasy, thirty-stone, middle-aged, sweat-saturated, cigar-chewing, ex-trucker, Nam Vet, Unabomber-shack-dwelling, crack-addict, fugative from Buttplug, Idaho. Folks ain't so scared of my cunning disguise. [Smile]

Im assuming the book your auditioning for wouldn't be on the same shelf on harry potter. Unless you only had the one shelf [Applause]
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 17:09      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm the guy whose life story just doesn't make sense.
He claims to be a scot, but he's very vague when questioned on ordinary aspects of daily life in Scotland.
He explains this by claiming to have lived most of his life in Australia, but he knows almost nothing about Australian sports.
He corresponds with a strange mixture of people from all over the world, many of these conversations seem to be in some sort of code.

Does anyone know what Osama bin Laden would look like after a haircut, beard-trim, and large bottle of hair-dye?

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2007 17:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Famous Druid wrote:
Does anyone know what Osama bin Laden would look like after a haircut, beard-trim, and large bottle of hair-dye?

A bit like this, but without the breasts.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 13, 2007 03:03      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Famous Druid:
I'm the guy whose life story just doesn't make sense.
He claims to be a scot, but he's very vague when questioned on ordinary aspects of daily life in Scotland.
He explains this by claiming to have lived most of his life in Australia, but he knows almost nothing about Australian sports.
He corresponds with a strange mixture of people from all over the world, many of these conversations seem to be in some sort of code.

Interesting...of course knowing nothing about sports doesn't mean hes not australian. He could just be unusual. This gives the charachter a is he or isn't he perspective. Very clever.
The Ste
Geek Larva
Member # 8907

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2007 15:39      Profile for The Ste     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Stereo:
Me? I'd like to have the "girl nobody notice" part - just does her little things when all is fine, gets the job done when everyone else is panicking. Then goes back to her little things. An efficient executant, if you prefer. (You know, that kind of job is underrated - while the hero has to kick and break all around to reach his goal, the "efficient executant" knows from the start which button to push, and when to push it to get the most of it.)

Congrats, you were the best of the bunch, and your backstory actually fitted a big charachter. Your charachter will be exactly as you described, plus I really get to play with her as shes the female supporting lead, who gets fake dead/kidnapped as collateral. That tells you she will be put through the ringer emotionally, but doesn't give anything juicy or interesting away.
I'm sure your popping the champagne as I type...

That would be pretty close to the real me; I never work better than under pressure. But truth is, when I get cranky, I'm hard to ignore... (Does the part includes insulting the superior when he messes up in the worst of the heat? All the better!)

Oh, and I wouldn't mind being in the villains' camp. This is fiction we're talking, so why not have some fun while at it?

Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 15, 2007 15:50      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The Ste:
Congrats, you were the best of the bunch, and your backstory actually fitted a big charachter. Your charachter will be exactly as you described, plus I really get to play with her as shes the female supporting lead, who gets fake dead/kidnapped as collateral. That tells you she will be put through the ringer emotionally, but doesn't give anything juicy or interesting away.
I'm sure your popping the champagne as I type...

Cool! Now I have no choice but to read it when finished. (Do I get a complimentary copy? [Big Grin] )

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
[..Eternal-Lullaby..]
Maximum Newbie
Member # 8957

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 17, 2007 16:23      Profile for [..Eternal-Lullaby..]   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ha ha, congrats Stereo [Big Grin]
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 17, 2007 20:22      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Applause] Well done Stereo!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Crazy Girl
Geek Larva
Member # 5146

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 16:33      Profile for Crazy Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The girl next door that everyone thinks is just a sweet shy little thing but really she spends her time stalking people. She may come across as the friendly type but her mental stability is highly questionable.

That's the best I can do. I'm not much of a character developer or writer, but I tried.

Posts: 22 | From: Crazy World, USA | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture