homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Back.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Back.
mephisto

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 22:50      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No one probably remembers the old 666'er anymore. But for what it counts for I'm back. Been away too damn long I guess. Felt like saying hi. So hi y'all.

--------------------
"Liberate tutame exinferis."

WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 05, 2007 22:51      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey!!! WB [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted June 05, 2007 23:17      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wb mephisto!

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 06, 2007 00:02      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey hey! I was wondering what you were up to. :-)
Posts: 8100 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted June 06, 2007 04:09      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Forgotten you? Are you crazy? Sure we do remember! (Well, those who were there then, of course.) Welcome back!

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:04      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Snaggy:
hey hey! I was wondering what you were up to. :-)

Just working and stuff. More the stuff than anything else. Girlfriendus interruptus kinda thing [Smile]
It's funny that every time I have a great woman in my life I disappear from a lot of my social circles I regularly am around in.
It's all that great sex. [Smile]

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:05      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
wb (again!) - you can drop by IRC anytime too. Still in India? (That was you, right?)

--------------------
I'm in ur database, makin' moar recordz.

Posts: 1973 | From: The Cat Ship | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 06:13      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yes. That was me from India. Not in India anymore. In sunny downtown Toronto. Or well in downtown toronto. It's sunny right now as it is. But no hopes for it's continuance. [Smile]

--------------------

Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 07:01      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
welcome home.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 07:14      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So is the girlfriend gone to the wayside or has the relationship evolved to the point where you can surface for air and some computer time, again? [Big Grin]

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 20:27      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
no. not gone to the wayside at all. This one is a definite keeper. And the last definite keeper was 8 years ago.
I just have a bit more time to spend on the computer. Being playing a bit of halo 2 on the pc lately. Hoping Lost planet will come to PC soon.
I built a badass gaming rig and it needs a workout. [Smile]

--------------------

boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2007 21:06      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hello Mephisto. I don't know you, but welcome back. [Smile] I'm glad you're having more free time for computer stuff. [thumbsup]
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 04:22      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by mephisto:
no. not gone to the wayside at all. This one is a definite keeper. And the last definite keeper was 8 years ago.
I just have a bit more time to spend on the computer. Being playing a bit of halo 2 on the pc lately. Hoping Lost planet will come to PC soon.

Nice. [Big Grin]

What does the rig consist of?

--------------------

CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 06:08      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
mephisto!

Good to see ya around again. So when do you plan on making some appearances on IRC?

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2463 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 07:09      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hey dude, long time no see. [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9331 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 7 posted June 07, 2007 21:23      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by fs:
quote:

Nice. [Big Grin]

What does the rig consist of?

Asus m2n sli deluxe
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
4GB DDR2 Kingston RAM
Gefore 8800 GTX WC 768Mb PCIE
2x Seagate Cheetah SAS 15k.4 147 Gb drives
Windows Vista Business, Windows XP 64 Pro, Freebsd 6.2-Current

The only reason I run vista is for Halo2. And the hardware is supplied courtesy the fact that I buy a lot of hardware because of my datacenter [Smile]
edit: hand built by self of course.

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 21:25      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by CommanderShroom:
mephisto!

Good to see ya around again. So when do you plan on making some appearances on IRC?

Soon. I'm in the middle of a datacenter expansion but should be up on irc in this week sometime.
Good to be back tho [Smile] .

--------------------

mephisto

Member # 666

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 07, 2007 21:26      Profile for mephisto     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Hey dude, long time no see. [Smile]

hey dragon. How's life in your neck of the woods?

--------------------

fs

Member # 1181

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2007 01:13      Profile for fs   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
[QUOTE]edit: hand built by self of course.

I never doubted it for a second.

I'm currently pondering, in an existential sort of way, the role that a BSD should play in my life. I have a fondness for OpenBSD ever since it was the only non-windows OS I could get running on my old laptop. But the ease-of-use (and large, active user community) of Ubuntu mean that I can spend hours instead of days figuring out why something doesn't work.

And neither is really any good for gaming.

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture