homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Memorial Day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Memorial Day
CommanderShroom
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2097

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 07:14      Profile for CommanderShroom     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This isn't much of a post, since my grasp of heartfelt words usually consist of the four-letter ones that I use when I smash my finger with a hammer.

But today in the US is Memorial Day and I figured I would say, Thank You to the people that have served, do serve, and will serve in the defense of our country.

And to Jace and MacD, be safe guys.

--------------------
Does he know our big secret?
Has one of us confessed?
'Bout the wires circuits and motors
Buried in our chest

Posts: 2465 | From: Utarrrrggggghhh!!!!!!!! | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 16:41      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I too am a man of few meaningful sayings - but well said Shroom

Here we have Remembrance Day in November - usually Sunday nearest to the 11th and officially a 2 mins silence at 11m on the 11th... Your Memorial Day seems a bit more muddled - hard to mix a holiday weekend and a solemn remembrance from where I stand.

In the words of someone who put it far better than most of us could hope to:-

"When You Go Home, Tell Them Of Us And Say,
For Your Tomorrow, We Gave Our Today"

'bout says it all I think...

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 28, 2007 17:54      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
For the majority of the enlisted people, it was always about Freedom and Justice, and still is. Now if we could just be as certain about the motives of the Commander-In-Chief...

Great celebration today: Parade, fly-overs and re-naming a bridge (Veterans Memorial Bridge). Not bad for a town of 4,000 souls!

Thanks to all in uniform, then and now. And I thank God this country is doing a (somewhat) better job of welcoming back its troops than it did in the sixties and seventies.

I pray for Peace...please feel free to join in that sentiment.

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
-ct-
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 209

Icon 7 posted May 28, 2007 18:07      Profile for -ct-   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
you're welcome.

--------------------
Things are always darkest... just before you pull your head out of your butt, void where prohibited, keep away from flame, surcharge(s) may apply.

www.harddriveHELL.com and demoniclemon.com

Posts: 1906 | From: nowhere, man | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture