homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » StarCraft II

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: StarCraft II
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 21, 2007 22:30      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So...who sat up waiting for the announcement at the possible detriment of their sleep schedule? >.>

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 06:08      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I don't think I ever played Starcraft, so not I. Then again, I rarely stay up for anything except WS.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
maximile

SuperFan!
Member # 3446

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 22, 2007 13:52      Profile for maximile   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm excited, cause Blizzard is awesome.
Posts: 1085 | From: London, UK (Powys, UK in hols) | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 23, 2007 14:58      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I think Blizz's lasting policy of offering simultaneous Windows and MacOS releases is just wonderful. To boot, it means no Vista exclusivity (thank christ x.x).

--------------------

Tiroth
Geek-in-Training
Member # 8543

Rate Member
Icon 14 posted May 23, 2007 15:29      Profile for Tiroth   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Starcraft II coming out will be a great day for me, even better then the day of command and conquer 3. So much RTS greatness this year.

--------------------
Life is neither a good nor an evil; it is simply the place where good and evil exist.

-Seneca

Posts: 35 | From: Death Valley | Registered: May 2007  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted May 23, 2007 16:36      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oz, the Wizard of wrote:
I think Blizz's lasting policy of offering simultaneous Windows and MacOS releases is just wonderful. To boot, it means no Vista exclusivity (thank christ x.x).

I had no idea that Jesus worked for Blizzard Entertainment. You would have thought they would have put out a press release or something.

The current splash screen on Blizzard's web site is cute, by the way:
 -

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
roschler
Single Celled Newbie
Member # 8628

Rate Member
Icon 5 posted May 26, 2007 12:26      Profile for roschler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was and still am a complete Starcraft 1 addict.

I also have Warcraft III which has sat on my desk, never installed, for a really long time now. I even have the expansion pack.

While I'm anxiously awaiting Starcraft, would it be worth it for me to play the single player campaign in Warcraft III? Everyone raves about Warcraft III online, but I've heard mixed reports on the single player campaigns. (I also have Star Wars Knights of The Old Republic still in box on my desk).

Do you think I'd have fun playing Warcraft III single player, or am I better off just waiting until Starcraft 2 comes out? I was also a big Dark Reign and Dune player and played the living hell out of Half Life 1 & 2 (first person shooters I know).

Thanks.

Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted May 26, 2007 19:11      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
KotOR and WarCraft III (+exp) are worth playing. Custom maps for War3 make the replayability downright nutty, my LANning circle still plays War3 custom maps four years after the fact.

Though, we do play StarCraft nigh nine years after the fact. [Wink]

--------------------

Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 20, 2007 23:44      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
WC3 map maker is awesome. Wasn't a huge fan of the single player campaign.

Lately in the RTS world i've been playing C&C 3 Tiberian Wars. Much <3 at the single player campaign.

Starcraft II would be fun. I hope they improve yet again on their awesome map editor. I don't usually like Blizzard games but I love their editors.

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 05:48      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
as long as I still get to be the carrier goddess, I'm good.
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 10 posted June 21, 2007 05:55      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
business attire wrote:
as long as I still get to be the carrier goddess, I'm good.

Sure...

-

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 06:08      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
nooooooooot quite.

-

Thats a much better carrier goddess. I look stoic in the picture, but in my head I was screaming "yay! fly my little minions! fly! destroy!"

(I know the picture's been posted before... somewhere... last year. But its relevant! Its me kicking luke skywalker's ass in starcraft!)

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 09:00      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I will admit, you look better with arms... and hands.

*wanders off whistling innocently*

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 09:02      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:
I will admit, you look better with arms... and hands.

*wanders off whistling innocently*

zomg inside jokes. you pervert.

now... lets let the kids talk about video games.

nerdwithnofriends
Uber Geek
Member # 3773

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 09:05      Profile for nerdwithnofriends     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Dark Templar. Then a Dark Archon to mind control a drone and an SCV (with my skill level, this only works for really long games). Then I set up an airforce with my protoss, a groundforce with the zerg, and use the terrans to build medics, firebats, seige tanks and valkyries.

/me is sad he lost his broodwar cd [Frown]

--------------------
"The Buddha, the Godhead, resides quite as comfortably in the circuits of a digital computer or the gears of a cycle transmission as he does at the top of a mountain or in the petals of a flower." - Robert M. Pirsig

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted June 21, 2007 09:07      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nerdwithnofriends:
Dark Templar. Then a Dark Archon to mind control a drone and an SCV (with my skill level, this only works for really long games). Then I set up an airforce with my protoss, a groundforce with the zerg, and use the terrans to build medics, firebats, seige tanks and valkyries.

/me is sad he lost his broodwar cd [Frown]

I think I gained an extra one at a LAN... if I find time to go to the postoffice I will mail it to you. I think I still have your address from christmas, unless it changed.
Slack User
Mini Geek
Member # 9196

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 00:12      Profile for Slack User   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is my latest RTS addiction..
I made a carrier army just for you business attire... not a huge fan of em personally..
 -

the scrin is definitely a starcrafty feel. game is c&c3: Tiberian Wars.

--------------------
I must not be popular. I only got 2 stars. :(

Posts: 63 | From: Las Vegas | Registered: Jun 2007  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 10, 2007 05:54      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
aw, thanks. I prefer to make my own.

...and change your damn sig. Its shite like that which got you two stars to begin with, no doubt.

Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted July 11, 2007 05:18      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I say, now theres what we are talking about. They did a good job doing the Scrin stuff. But ya, their Carriers dont even begin to compare to Protoss Carriers...

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture