homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Sheryl Crow and toilet paper.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sheryl Crow and toilet paper.
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 23, 2007 11:30      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Next time Sheryl Crow visits us here at Geek Culture Headquarters, I'll be sure to treat her to 4 full squares of toilet paper... no, I insist! [Razz]

"I propose a limitation be put on how many squares of toilet paper can be used in any one sitting. Now, I don't want to rob any law-abiding American of his or her God-given rights, but I think we are an industrious enough people that we can make it work with only one square per restroom visit, except, of course, on those pesky occasions where 2 to 3 could be required."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/sheryl-crow/laurie-and-sheryl-go-to-s_b_46320.html

Posts: 8111 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 11:37      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lovely [Big Grin]

Yet more proof of why entertainers should just shut up and do their thing [Smile]

<dj voice>Next up, it's 1 sheet of paper, by Sheryl Crow!</dj voice>

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 12:09      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
In other news I propose a new solution to all that corn cob waste. And since corn cobs are plentiful there shall be no limitations in use per toilet visit.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 13:53      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
:headdesk:

This is one of those moments where I think, "Lance, you're better off, man."

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cap'n Vic

Member # 1477

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 14:29      Profile for Cap'n Vic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
:headdesk:

This is one of those moments where I think, "Lance, you're better off, man."

Better off with one ball.

*rim shot*

Posts: 5471 | From: One of the drones from sector 7G | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 14:30      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on guys, she's taking the piss.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 15:01      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The Famous Druid wrote:

That would explain why she only needs one or two squares of toilet paper.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 15:02      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was thinking that, too, TFD. The detachable sleeve thing in the article was a little too over-the-top not to be a joke.

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 8 posted April 23, 2007 17:11      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Steen:

The Famous Druid wrote:

That would explain why she only needs one or two squares of toilet paper.

Okay, what I'm about to say is icky but true.

A (sanitary) woman needs TP each time she urinates. Three squares isn't going to dry said area and keep our sanitary lady's hands clean and dry while she does it (the actual goal, in my mind). If a woman tries to play the "conservation game", her dainties will smell pretty diaperesque after a while because it takes a minimum of 6 squares to do the most basic job. Sorry, but it's tissue and it falls apart when wet unless it's John Wayne toilet paper*.

How much do you want to bet Square-1 Sheryl feels that everyone else should do it while she rolls in TP just because she has the cash to? That it's OUR responsibility while she purchases the planting of trees as an offset or some crazy-assed bull-pookey like that!

Celebrities and politicians like this piss me off. Don't tell me what to do if you're not willing to walk the walk, too. Ed Begley? I would listen to. Why? He leads by example.

Sheryl, I'm going to encourage everyone I know to stick the end of an unused roll of tp in their potties and flush the whole roll down, unused, in protest of celebrity ignorance. IN YOUR NAME. There's passion, and then there's intelligent passion. Either do some damned research next time or listen to your publicist and read the nice cue cards s/he gives you, honey!

* Rough, tough, and don't take crap offa nobody.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:19      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Solution: make TP squares bigger. Why the hell are they that small anyways??

It could be worse guys. She could be suggesting we all go back to corn cobs or something.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:25      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
Sheryl, I'm going to encourage everyone I know to stick the end of an unused roll of tp in their potties and flush the whole roll down, unused, in protest of celebrity ignorance. IN YOUR NAME. There's passion, and then there's intelligent passion. Either do some damned research next time or listen to your publicist and read the nice cue cards s/he gives you, honey!

/me suspects taking the piss may not be a common idiom in the land of merkins.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:31      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lol!

No "taking the piss" is not a common idiom where I am, but I assumed it was something about either being crazy (like being crazy drunk, or "getting pissed") or being stupid drunk or having to do with not understanding that while men don't have to wipe, women do.

I don't know, though. I mean, the whole "Take a Kayak" thing wasn't. Celine Dion went nutters and we don't talk 'bout Britney's flavor of batshit nuts any more. There's enough crazy to go around in the industry that you never can tell when one is joking or serious . . .

I will accept she took the piss.

Nice jab, btw, turning my words on me. hehe.

--------------------

Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:44      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband and I have had variations of this discussion. Ours goes something like this:

Me: Where'd the toilet paper go?
Him: We used it.
Me: We USED it?!
Him: Yeah.
Me: But it was new two days ago! And that roll had 600 sheets on it!
Him: Well, it takes a lot to clean up.
Me: But I hardly used any! It only takes three squares--four at the most--at a time when you're using the decent stuff.*
Him: But I have to use more so I don't get any on my hand, especially when it's messy.**
Me: But four squares should be enough! Four squares times four is only 16, but six squares times four is 24! No wonder it's disappearing so quickly!

So yeah, the Sheryl Crow theory is not happening in our house!

*Two-ply, somewhat quilted, not the stuff that dissolves in your hand as soon as it touches liquid.

**Number two requires an increased frequency of wipage, on average about four.

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:50      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh, and what's up with Sheryl and Laurie's appearance on the Today Show being labeled as "girlfriends"? Is she batting for the other team and I missed that announcement?

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 17:56      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hmm... should have put a smiley on my little joke post, I see. Must remember to do that in the future.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 23, 2007 18:31      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nah, you needn't've, Steen. I thought your joke was funny. It's just that one or two of us have actually considered this important issue.

--------------------

Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 10:09      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
What good is John Wayne TP if it won't take crap offa nobody?

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1742 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 21:13      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ugh, MightyClub:
What good is John Wayne TP if it won't take crap offa nobody?

haaaaaaaa haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!
Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged
Chesty
Assimilated
Member # 2460

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 24, 2007 21:22      Profile for Chesty         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Maybe that's why she was so pissy with the VP the other night. Maybe she just finished trying to dry her worn-out dangling womanbits with only 2 squares.

-
Square to spare?

Posts: 416 | From: The Beach | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture