homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Joke on apple

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Joke on apple
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 04:51      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is a parody on the "Get a Mac" commercials out now. Bit funny, could be better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEAGmBRC1dc

*Note* (to avoid bashings) The poster doesnt need-be agree with said clip. Consitering I use an Apple now, and have no problem with it [Smile]

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 09:28      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That guy sounds like he only knows how to use his editing program and never learned the basics of the OS. It's quite sad when you're too dumb to use a Mac [shake head] Or did he make this video at the time of the OS X Beta for the 1st release of OS X?

I've had many coworkers like him, they only know how to use the programs needed to get their job done. They are constantly asking me or the IT department basic questions. And these are people that have been working on a Mac or PC for over 10 years.

Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 09:43      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've never had most of those problems... I locked the system up once, but that was my own stupid fault... wow....

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 10:20      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, I see it like this - everyone can rant about whatever they dislike about something.

Geeks are special, because most of us like to know the why and the how, and sometimes even fix it.

This dude is just some joe-random-dude who probably isn't even very good at his primary speciality, let alone actual OS stuff.

edit - Good example of this: I have a MDD G4 tower. It frequently locked up for no obvious reason (like the little grey screen). Apple had no clue. My apple friends had no clue. I eventually started trying one thing at a time until I realized that the graphics card was overheating. I bought a nice fan for the card, and it's never locked up since.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 10:36      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh come on. It's funny - laugh! [Big Grin]

(It's also old!!! I saw that at least a year ago [that particular YouTube copy went up a year ago, and I know I sent it to a bunch of people some time ago.])

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 20, 2007 10:42      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Same here - I seriously think he was talking about the beta, because the video is REALLY old.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted April 21, 2007 00:11      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This is quite old.
In fact, it's a spoof of the Switch ad campaign.
It was funny at times but most rants are about Mac OS 9, so it becomes outdated.

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 05:33      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lighten up guys... it is a joke...

I saw this way back and nearly fell off my chair laughing, most of it is rubbish - that is why it is so funny!!!

But I just love the bit about the boat anchor [Big Grin]

BTW have you seen the new "Stuffed" commercial??? That has to be one of the best yet!

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 05:40      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Serenak wrote:
Lighten up guys... it is a joke...

It'll never happen. There are too many people here who evangelize the Mac and can't resist defending it against any perceived insult.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 05:43      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ser: Yes, I've seen it. Funny how Macs come with trial versions of MS Office, Apple iWork, and some assorted bits of crapware, though. The key difference is that none of thoae apps start by default and trash system performance...but Apple's not an angel, either. [Wink]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Serenak

Member # 2950

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 07:15      Profile for Serenak     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes it is true that Macs do come with a bit of "trialware" but not the levels of pernicious junk that infests many PCs - a work colleague had a Toshiba Laptop that was slower than my old Clamshell till all the infestware junk was cleared out of it.

As you say at least Apple's system is not clogged with preloaded system hogging junk (unless you count the Dashboard of course [Big Grin] )

--------------------
"So if you want my address - it's No. 1 at the end of the bar, where I sit with the broken angels, clutching at straws and nursing my scars..."

Posts: 1937 | From: Suffolk England | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 21, 2007 19:43      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
When I first saw the "Stuffed" commercial, I thought it was talking about bloatware (i.e. Vista).

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture