homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » WINTER STORM WARNING

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: WINTER STORM WARNING
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 13:21      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
HI ALL _________________________ The weather report for today Winter Storm. Wave hieghts on Lake Huron up to 12 feet. So TheMoMan thought that the drive over to the Lake would be too bad so he found this Web Cam:

http://www.tawasbayweather.com/

The Tawas Bay is usually only less than two feet.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 13:38      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah its looking pretty nasty by lake erie as well.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 13:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
stevenback7 ___________________ I am about twenty miles inland (WSW) from that bay at the high point of the county, looking out the South window the snow is going by pretty close to flat. It only started snowing two hours ago and already we have the grass covered.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 13:52      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I called in today, I work 2nd shift in Holland and did not feel like risking the drive back and forth.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 14:39      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, we're suppose to get some sort of precip tomorrow and Friday. [Razz] And I'm getting my tires changed next week!

Make this mess go away. Please?

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 15:47      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
yeah - now at least they are saying that this weekend is supposed to not be that bad which is good because i have to travel friday to bad it will be raining in Halifax for most of by 3 day mini vacation.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 17:56      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
MoMan you and I live near the same area, I'm about a state away from you. Anyways we're getting hit here pretty bad as well. In fact thunder, lightening, heavy winds, and just plain awful weather stopped my team from rowing today.

We have our first regatta this Saturday, I really hope the storm passes before then, but reports as of now say different.

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 11, 2007 21:06      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It's just been raining and nasty out today, but it's been cold and icky. I keep hoping for nice weather, so much for that eh?

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2007 06:36      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
LemonSmuggler ___________________ What City & State?

Also some of you may like to bookmark this link, it really gives you a feel for the weather here in the US.

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=SurfaceMaps&product=SurfaceAnalysis&prodnav=none

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

Xanthine

Member # 736

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2007 08:58      Profile for Xanthine     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Move away from the Great Lakes guys! [Razz]

It's sunny now but we've got a storm warning starting tonight and lasting through tomorrow. I'm not sure how seriously to take it. It could be a flurry. It could be a blizzard. Or it could be a blizzard everywhere in the Front Range except for Boulder - this has also happened before. I do wish winter would just finish itself off and go away though.

--------------------
And it's one, two, three / On the wrong side of the lee / What were you meant for? / What were you meant for?
- The Decemberists

Posts: 7670 | From: the lab | Registered: Mar 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 12, 2007 13:05      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ack! It's starting to stick! [Razz] 5 to 10cm forecasted!
http://www.montrealcam.com/en-placecartier.html

I think the penguins are better off. [Wink]

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 13, 2007 18:03      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Apparently a new storm is supposed to hit NY hard starting on Sunday (night)?
http://www.srh.noaa.gov/fwd/productviewnation.php?pil=OKXHWOOKX&version=0

http://westchestergov.com/currentnews/2007pr/stormapril13.htm

Joy.

/me wants to see *Spring*, damn it!

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2007 03:45      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
dragonman97 _________________________ I'm not sure what to tell you, usually storms of that size fall apart that SOB seems to be growing. If you have a police scanner that helps because you will know where it is the worst, also if you know the frequency of the local ARES group you could listen in on the relief effort, and if you are unscathed where to go to help others.

Damn that sucker is big, Quick question if the power fails how do they keep the water out of the tubes?

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2007 04:13      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lucky we didn't waste money on CO2 reduction, we'll need those $$$ to pay for all the storm damage we're getting lately.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2007 06:30      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi All ________________________________ The MrsMoMan was watching the weather, and commented that New England was getting "Slobered"

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

LemonSmuggler
Geek
Member # 7701

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 15, 2007 17:39      Profile for LemonSmuggler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by TheMoMan:
LemonSmuggler ___________________ What City & State?

Also some of you may like to bookmark this link, it really gives you a feel for the weather here in the US.

http://www.intellicast.com/IcastPage/LoadPage.aspx?loc=usa&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=SurfaceMaps&product=SurfaceAnalysis&prodnav=none

A little town in central Ohio. [tired]

--------------------
Oy to the vey.

Posts: 182 | From: My pillow/blanket fort that kicks your forts bum | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 09:27      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
Apparently a new storm is supposed to hit NY hard starting on Sunday (night)?

I was hearing on the news this morning that you guys got some incredibly heavy rain (the one I heard said as much as an inch per hour). You didn't float away, did you? [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 11:23      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No...but it took me about an hour to go eight miles this morning. :-/

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 11:29      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We got some heavy wet snow. Want some?
Stereo

Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 12:50      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Not me, thanks. I woke up with over 10cm of that.

Winter came out late (remember how January was above average?), so it's having its revenge before leaving for good! [devil wand] (<- Just imagine snow coming out of the wand, rather than sparks.)

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 16, 2007 13:46      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
That white stuff melts into water eventually, yes?

We'll take as much of it as you can spare.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10680 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture