homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » iPod + Tubes = drool

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: iPod + Tubes = drool
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 03:28      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A couple of delicious Spam fritters for your consideration.

Yummy though expensive. On the other hands the Japanese want you to mainline your music!

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 15:19      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There's no price listed on the MC4 so it must be expensive. It certainly looks cool.

I myself cannot tell the difference between compressed and lossless files unless the compressed files are below 128kbps in MP3 format. This may have something to do with partial hearing loss but I have friends with excellent hearing who also cannot tell the difference. I run my files through a processor so maybe that has something to do with it (VolumeLogic or iWoW). I have come to recognize subtle differences in records that were half-speed mastered on virgin vinyl compared to regular pressed versions, thanks to digital technology.

That's my two bits. Hope it's not too off topic. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

The headband is interesting. I wonder if the headband can allow people with hearing problems to listen to music?

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 16, 2007 15:36      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Tominfla:
T
The headband is interesting. I wonder if the headband can allow people with hearing problems to listen to music?

I'm not exactly sure, from what I've come to know even through the bone it has to to deal with the same vibration receiver that through the ears have to. Vibrations are vibrations.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture