homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I'll be gone for a while (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: I'll be gone for a while
boo
Highlie
Member # 5991

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2007 20:21      Profile for boo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
[Frown] Now it's too late to call. Grrr ... *worries*
Posts: 775 | From: us of a | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 01, 2007 21:34      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Spoongirl:
Same here [Smile]

Organising travel to Viet Nam (and working like a bitch to fund it) and then living here for seven months.

I was gone, and now I'm back. [Razz]

Got some internet access and everything. Hullo all. [Cool]

Welcome back! Enjoy Viet Nam? I have a lot of co-workers from there.

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted April 02, 2007 02:39      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Shnorf [Razz]

Viet Nam is... interesting. Heck of a place to immerse yourself in. I'm learning a lot about it, and it's not all good but the food is top hole. [Smile] Overall, glad that I don't have to live here permanently but enjoying the experience.

quote:
Recently, I found myself thinking that I was missing you! Glad to see you back!
Aw, shucks. [blush] [crazy]

Hey, a new graemlin! [Applause] [Applause] [Applause]

w00tage. [Beard of Peter Gabriel!]

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted April 02, 2007 08:01      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Spoony! great to see you again! [Applause]

How are you? What are you doing in Viet Nam? Are you doing a gap year, or just choosing a life of love and adventure? Are you well? Are you happy? and where's the biscuit tin?

Have some love and a virtual hug. [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
csk

Member # 1941

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2007 05:38      Profile for csk     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I'm learning a lot about it, and it's not all good but the food is top hole. [Smile]

Umm, which alternative holes are there for food? [Wink]

But yes, Vietnamese food is stunning, especially in VietNam.

--------------------
6 weeks to go!

Posts: 4455 | From: Sydney, Australia | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 03, 2007 09:47      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
... I'm learning a lot about it, and it's not all good but the food is top hole....

Then I'd suggest you've been jamming food into the wrong hole up until now.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Spoongirl
Uber Geek
Member # 2143

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2007 02:19      Profile for Spoongirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
*sigh* [Razz] Nah, just regular British food. Doesn't go down the old feedpipe as tastily as Vietnamese food does. Ah, not to knock British food though. Pie is good. As are crisps. And... I said pie, right? Hmm.

quote:
Spoony! great to see you again!

How are you? What are you doing in Viet Nam? Are you doing a gap year, or just choosing a life of love and adventure? Are you well? Are you happy? and where's the biscuit tin?

Have some love and a virtual hug.

I alternate between utter loneliness and really enjoying my time here! I'm teaching English at a University! I am doing a gap year! I am mostly well, except for a few nasty stomach bugs! I am mostly happy! I have no need for a biscuit tin, for the Vietnamese have no biscuits of any favourable taste!

I'm also aware that I'm causing a hijack of the thread. [blush] [Cool]

--------------------
"And we will call it... This Land..."

Posts: 901 | From: UK | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged
Callipygous
Member # 2071

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2007 04:43      Profile for Callipygous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
No "biscuits of favourable taste"? Are you teaching English or Engrish? Anyway don't worry it will not be long until you are back in the land of the Jaffa Cake, the Garibaldi, and the glorious Ginger Nut.

In the mean time, in the words of a Japanese T shirt

Let's have
boil the dog
mad core

Great to see you back Spoony! [Smile]

--------------------
"Knowledge is Power. France is Bacon" - Milton

Posts: 2922 | From: Brighton - UK | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 04, 2007 07:49      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
No "biscuits of favourable taste"? Are you teaching English or Engrish? Anyway don't worry it will not be long until you are back in the land of the Jaffa Cake, the Garibaldi, and the glorious Ginger Nut.

I gotta say - the only things worse than British food are British manners [Big Grin]

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 06, 2007 16:01      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Callipygous:
No "biscuits of favourable taste"? Are you teaching English or Engrish?

Kiss me one, oh kiss me two, oh kiss me one again... [Big Grin]

I have been away for a couple days, but didn't know I would be away.

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 14:51      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm back!...*a very Holy Grail-esque "Yaaaayyy" ensues* Sick again, a possible cancer diagnosis, and a particularly insensitive now-ex boyfriend...I hope you all are well, just dropping a note to let you know I'm still alive [Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 15:21      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:
... a possible cancer diagnosis, and a particularly insensitive now-ex boyfriend...I hope you all are well, just dropping a note to let you know I'm still alive [Smile]

Hey there, L_C!

We're glad to see you back but you've got to give people a bit more to go on here.

You alright?

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 15:57      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady_Christy wrote:
I'm back!...*a very Holy Grail-esque "Yaaaayyy" ensues*

Yaaaayyy! Welcome back!

Sick again, a possible cancer diagnosis, and a particularly insensitive now-ex boyfriend

I'm sorry to hear that. I'm all too familiar with having a diagnosis and treatment plan left up the the air with a "we'll call you when we know". Hopefully you'll know soon and everything will come back negative.

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 16:07      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
We're still waiting...my thyroid levels are all out of whack again, and the guy I was dating just didn't want to deal anymore, when I got the news that I had to have the test, he told me to "Suck it up, you'll be fine" that was pretty much the last straw. We're still waiting on results, but the outlook that they're negative is good. Don't think I can handle being newly single and terminally ill all at once...so, keep your fingers crossed everyone! [Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

WinterSolstice

Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 16:23      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good to see you back - hope the diagnosis goes ok.

Oh, and you're probably better off single if that's what he was giving you.

--------------------

Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 16:30      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Very good to see you again!

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 16:31      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thank you for the well wishes and such. Meh...I'm rarely better off single...I happen to enjoy the support and nurturing I can give another person...but such is life.

--------------------

garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 17:07      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
...I happen to enjoy the support and nurturing I can give another person...

Do you have a cat? Male Snowshoe Siamese are incredible companions and will take all the support and nurturing you can muster.

Add to that the fact they seldom misspeak themselves, rarely fart and NEVER make fart jokes.

--------------------

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 17:16      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm currently at college...so very much unable to have a kitty [Frown]

--------------------

GrumpySteen

Member # 170

Icon 10 posted April 25, 2007 17:19      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Lady_Christy wrote:
I'm currently at college...so very much unable to have a kitty [Frown]

I'm sure if you hunted around a bit, you could find a furry hiding somewhere nearby. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 17:41      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I had a beta fish...but poor Prince Calypso Domingo II has left us. I have houseplants...they're good listeners

--------------------

MacManKrisK

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 955

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 18:18      Profile for MacManKrisK     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had a beta fish...but poor Prince Calypso Domingo II has left us. I have houseplants...they're good listeners

This reminds me of Lisa Simpson's infaemous poem:
I had a cat named Snowball,
She died! She died!
Mom said she was sleeping,
She lied! She lied!
Why oh why is my cat dead?
Couldn't that Chrysler have hit me instead?

As for the diagnosis, all I can offer is more hope that everything comes back negative. [Smile]

--------------------
"Buy low, sell high
get rich and you still die"

Posts: 2331 | From: Southwest Michigan, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:17      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I had a beta fish...

Is that anything like a Babel Fish?

--------------------

Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 25, 2007 19:45      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately, no...but that would be amazing! [Smile]

--------------------

Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 10 posted May 05, 2007 05:23      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Probably I'm not going to leave my computer but I'm a taking at least a week of "vacation" from the forums, too much trolling here and firebiting there is stressing me.

Plus, since the director of the University I study has ordered to stop all administrative activities because of an strike nobody understands, I'd like to have a pleasant vacation if I'm missing classes.

So take care and see you in a week, I'm posting a final topic before signing out.

Cheers!

P.S. I'll be still being on the IRC channel if anybody cares... it only takes a /kick to get rid of trolls [Wink]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture