homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » I'll see you in Hell, Mo_Man! (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I'll see you in Hell, Mo_Man!
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 11 posted February 25, 2007 11:15      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://www.hell2u.com/

The Dam Site Inn, Inn in Hell, Michigan to be more accurate.

http://www.hellmichigan.net/Home1.htm

http://www.hellmichigan.net/images/largepixs/MotorcycleTour.jpg

It appears to be around 147 miles from my place and 145 from yours.

I'd prefer a warm day in Hell, instead of a cold one.

A fine warm Sunday in May would do.

Maybe there are some other Geeks that might join us?

[devil wand] [devil wand] [devil wand] [devil wand] [devil wand]

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2007 12:12      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colonel Panic ______________________ I'll need my GPS to find that little spit of a town, and I'll check with with the Mrs on a ride that far. She seems to think if the bike rolls she should be on the back.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Just_Jess_B

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2161

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2007 12:16      Profile for Just_Jess_B   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My husband won't allow me to go to Hell. [Frown] I'd go in an airplane or on a train, though I might bring a handbasket, just for personal amusement's sake.

Though he's not surprised that Hell would be there. Personally, I would have voted for Arkansas or Oklahoma as being the center of Hell, but I think it's more of my own personal Hell that those two states possess.

--------------------
Opinion is not Truth; that is why each has its own definition. Illiteracy sucks.

Posts: 1370 | From: Whaddya mean, Arizona? | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 25, 2007 21:10      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
My husband won't allow me to go to Hell.

Tell him he has to miss the opening day of bass fishing so he can help you wallpaper the kitchen.

You'll get a hearty invitation.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted February 25, 2007 21:36      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Buy me a coffee and I'm there... [Razz]
Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 25, 2007 23:41      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You should add a happy ending to your trip at Climax [Big Grin]
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Danapoppa
Geek
Member # 1555

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 10:20      Profile for Danapoppa     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, what a blast from the past. I used to have a friend who lived just around the corner from Hell. We drove through it several times, but never stopped. Usually I missed it 'cause I was blinking. It seems the place has grown a bit since then.

quote:
Originally posted by Just_Jess_B:
I'd go in an airplane or on a train, though I might bring a handbasket, just for personal amusement's sake.

Actually I think the only way there is to take the local highway.

But if I were you folks, I'd wait a few months. (I'd recommend late summer: time it to match the Howell Melon Festival so you can drop in on that too.) Go now and it'll be a cold day in Hell.

Heck, I'd even join you if I wasn't on the other side of the world.

Posts: 237 | From: South of Mt. Fuji | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 14:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Hi all _________________ Not too far from Hell is a little burg called Mancellona they ocasonally see a big black cat.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 10 posted February 26, 2007 15:31      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If it were to happen in summer/late summer I would like to see if I could visit a friend up there in MI... I would deffinately stop by if I could... Unfortunately I dont think it will happen. I just hope that things change and I can.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 18:21      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Bibo,

Climax? Between Kalamazoo and Battle Creek. South of Galesburg?

It's on the way to Hell from my place. Then again, there are people who think everything I pass is on the road to Hell.

Spazgirl. Consider the coffee bought.

Mo_Man, you really can't complain about a woman who wants to ride. 145 one way should not be a bad trip. It's the going home that usually gets folks. But you'll be heading north. I;ll be riding back facing the setting sun.

Need to see if the Dam Site Inn has WiFi. Wild biker geeks with webcams.

I've gotta go now and pack snowballs and stuff them into ziplocs for the trip.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 26, 2007 19:08      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome, Fridays- Sundays are awesome for me. I'll be there!

--------------------
Things, and things.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 27, 2007 09:35      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Gimme the date & time and I'm in.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted February 27, 2007 11:03      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If you are going from the west and pass MN there is a place you are always Welcome.

I passed this city and stopped to take pictures.

-

--------------------
There's nothing wrong with me, This is how I'm supposed to be.

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2007 15:42      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I've been to Hell and back, but I was only passing through.
I'd make that trip again. Date and time guys.

As for the Howell Melon Festival I wouldn't bother. I went one
year and it was NOT what I expected...

Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 28, 2007 20:01      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Date and time, I figure, will be dependant on the weather.

We're talking two old men with Harleys. I don't think Mo_Man is afraid of bad weather. I've put on plenty of miles in rain and snow myself. It's just not a pleasant way to start or finish a fun visit.

We must also consider Mrs. Mo_Man and keep her happy. The back seat of a motorcycle comes with an unpleasant nickname for guys who do not consider this factor.

My birthday falls on the start of the Memorial Day weekend this year, which means it will be 40-degreees F, and raining. It may be 80 and sunny the day before and after, but it will be cold and raining on my birthday. I figure this is God's way of telling me to stay indoors, drink bourbon and chase young women around the house.

May has four weekends. The first really nice weekend in May would be perfect. How about the rest of you?

As for the melon festival, there is always the Windsor Ballet.

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 28, 2007 20:14      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May works for me, I'll be between winter and spring semesters.

--------------------
Things, and things.

drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2007 09:22      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Any weekend in May except the weekend of the 19th/20th, as that will be my 1 year anniversary, and I don't think my wife would like me taking off to parts unknown on such a date. [Big Grin]
Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2007 09:31      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by drunkennewfiemidget:
Any weekend in May except the weekend of the 19th/20th, as that will be my 1 year anniversary, and I don't think my wife would like me taking off to parts unknown on such a date. [Big Grin]

Bring her with

--------------------

Posts: 1449 | From: Where I am is very relative to my location at that time. | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 01, 2007 09:41      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
quote:

Bring her with
While that is a possibility anyway, I'm not spending my first anniversary with my wife in a car on the highway for 6 hours. [Razz] I have other plans that weekend, and they don't involve anyone but her and I.

[devil wand]

Mac D
Member # 2926

Icon 1 posted March 01, 2007 09:51      Profile for Mac D     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Mac D:
quote:

Bring her with
While that is a possibility anyway, I'm not spending my first anniversary with my wife in a car on the highway for 6 hours. [Razz] I have other plans that weekend, and they don't involve anyone but her and I.

[devil wand]

Does it involve going to a rock concert where you both get so drunk you can't drive so you wonder into a strip club to sober up and you pay for her to get a lap dance while you watch?

--------------------

HalfVast

Member # 3187

Icon 14 posted March 02, 2007 16:54      Profile for HalfVast     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May is still open for me.
Posts: 795 | From: In the mitten around the abductor pollicis brevis. | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Bibo
Member # 1959

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 02, 2007 21:01      Profile for Bibo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I might be able to make it too.
Posts: 1641 | From: Grand Rapids, MI | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 15:13      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
i just got time to come check the planning here. if i was free in May I would be there. unfortunately i am not. Mabey someday, but right now I cant.

Granted my life is changing so fast right now... There is actually a good chance that I will be moving up to Michigan at the end of this summer, in fact I will probably be in the Battle Creek area then. Anyway... enough of my crazy life. You guys enjoy it, I just wish i could be there.

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted March 12, 2007 16:39      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
May is still good for me, the first weekend will be a bit stressed due to exams, but I'll need a break.

--------------------
Things, and things.

TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted April 10, 2007 03:28      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Colonel Panic ____________________________ I will attempt to be there on the last weekend of May The next weekend we have to pick up grandkids from school.

This going to be a Sat. or Sun ride into Hell? The 26th or 27th? Your call. We all all know that the 13 th is mothers day so that is ruled out.

--------------------

Benjamin Franklin,

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture