homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » men... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: men...
@[email protected]
Newbie Larva
Member # 7270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 16:49      Profile for @m@nduh6         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so ladies have you ever been in love with someone who only likes you as a friend...? post here... i feel your pain *ugh*

--------------------
heck yes

Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 17:20      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Oh its happened to me many a time, and I think we almost have it worse as geek girls. Boys see us as "one of the guys" just because we program or game. ...and I'm not bashing on guys out there, because a lot of you are absolutely wonderful, but there's that part of the male population that doesn't quite understand the pain caused by love unrequited. Chin up, @[email protected], someday you'll find a guy truly deserving of the love you have to give! [Smile]

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Posts: 207 | From: The Northwoods | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 18:02      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The funny thing is that I think the men here have the same problem. I do, anyway.
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 18:16      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It goes both ways...

--------------------
"There are 10 kinds of people, those who understand binary and those who don't." :)

Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 18:50      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Lady_Christy:
It goes both ways...

Quite a bit.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 18:57      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Love is a difficult game to play in geekdom...

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 19:04      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Eh...just love your computer instead. [Wink]

So long as you make the right choice in operating system, programming language, and text editor, it will love you back. [Wink]

(Pick the wrong one, *cough* Windows *cough*, and it'll be an abusive partner. [Wink] )

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 19:11      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Computers make horrible cuddle partners... [Frown]

--------------------

Oz, the Wizard of
Highlie
Member # 1454

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 20:22      Profile for Oz, the Wizard of   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm going to have to agree there. Love my computers though I may (and yes, they're Windoze, but I'm not touching Vista), they are not so optimal for cuddling. Really, I prefer geek girls for that.

Or, you know, guys. I'm straight, not picky.

--------------------
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain!

Posts: 707 | From: The Emerald City | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 20:30      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I must admit, though I love my computers dearly, I do prefer geek guys for the cuddling [Smile]

--------------------

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 21:28      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
I must admit, though I love my computers dearly, I do prefer geek guys for the cuddling [Smile]

Then pay a visit to NY...or go in search of a 'cuddle party' (*shudders*) -- on second thought, unless you want your mind broken, don't even look into that last part. [Wink] The Internet has all sorts of strange things on it.

Still, my Macbook could be hugged easily...okay, maybe I've just held it quite carefully. =P Now if you'll excuse me, I think I'll go hug a camel. [Wink] (Given the weather in NY of late, I might just hug Tux instead.)

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 21:33            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You know, I think I could make me a small fortune selling cuddly, plushy computers to nerds...
IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 21:41      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I'm sure some plushie somewhere would but it and add their own modification...
[Eek!]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 21:45      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by dragonman97:
quote:

Eh...just love your computer instead. [Wink]

So long as you make the right choice in operating system, programming language, and text editor, it will love you back. [Wink]

(Pick the wrong one, *cough* Windows *cough*, and it'll be an abusive partner. [Wink] )

Some people are really into abuse though, they love being tied up with some DRM, bitch slapped with alerts and crashes, love the 'dangerous' exposure to diseases through no or generic protection.

Better than those preppy not putting out girls OSX is, it sits there looking pretty but won't let you really feel around everywhere.

Linux is good for loving though, it'll open for ANYTHING no matter how risky it is. It doesn't need protection to stay safe, plus its not afraid to try "other entrances"

Alright. I'm sorry. Goodnight.

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
uilleann
Discontinued

Icon 1 posted February 18, 2007 22:33            Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Unfortunately for computers, I'm the abusive partner ;)
IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 6 posted February 19, 2007 02:35      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Computers make horrible cuddle partners... [Frown]

What about, clamshell iBooks? They have rubber you can... rub with...
I need to take a shower [Razz]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 06:33      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
iWanToUseaMac_____________________eeeauuuh please clean up after yourself, get a room.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 06:34      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
A constant problem in my line of work. When the workplace is predominantly male, what's a girl to do in order to survive? Yes, try to be "one of the guys". Thus, you have your drawbacks when a person of interest does come along. I see it as requiring a bit of extra effort to make said person of interest see you as more than just "one of the guys".
[ohwell]

And with regards to taking your laptop/__Book/computer to bed or to cuddle? Just not as comfy. [Razz]

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
The real Stealth
Geek
Member # 4615

Member Rated:
Icon 2 posted February 19, 2007 09:42      Profile for The real Stealth   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My laptop stays right next to my bed unless I am really cold (then I set the thing to work and and use it as a heat pad...) the problem is I cant get a girl even when I try... but who knows... mabey someday...

Oh and windows XP Pro will let you do almost as much as linux... you just gotta be smarter then the ass who designed the registry...

--------------------
The one and only "§†eal†h the Fallen One"...Between Your life And mine are Three realities, Yours, The real one, and Mine. They they form a bridge shapped in the letters D-O-_-N-O-T-_-C-R-O-S-S.

Posts: 141 | From: Battle Creek, MI | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 10:38      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Almost... meaning as long as you don't want to actually change anything...

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
HikerCA
Newbie Larva
Member # 3277

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted February 19, 2007 11:09      Profile for HikerCA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always find music inspirational when faced with questions like that, perhaps this video will provide some direction:

[URL=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9qBme4Dgk]

Posts: 9 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
HikerCA
Newbie Larva
Member # 3277

Rate Member
Icon 11 posted February 19, 2007 11:11      Profile for HikerCA     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I always find music inspirational when faced with questions like that, perhaps this video will provide some direction:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co9qBme4Dgk

Posts: 9 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
@[email protected]
Newbie Larva
Member # 7270

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted February 19, 2007 11:15      Profile for @m@nduh6         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oh... and of course i meant to include men into this discussion, too! sorry!
@[email protected]
Newbie Larva
Member # 7270

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 11:17      Profile for @m@nduh6         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
cuddling with a computer....heck yes [Smile]

--------------------
heck yes

Lady_Christy
Geek
Member # 7103

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 19, 2007 13:06      Profile for Lady_Christy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by The real Stealth:
My laptop stays right next to my bed unless I am really cold (then I set the thing to work and and use it as a heat pad...) the problem is I cant get a girl even when I try... but who knows... mabey someday...

I use my laptop as a heating pad too! Especially when I am minus a nice geek boy to cuddle with and keep warm on these chilly Lake Superior nights! [Frown]

--------------------

All times are Eastern Time
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture