homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » 10 Things More Interesting than Anna Nicole Smith

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 10 Things More Interesting than Anna Nicole Smith
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2007 17:35      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/benchconference/2007/02/the_antianna_agenda_for_journa.html

I could start with naval lint and the effects of gamma rays on man on the moon marigolds, but this list will do.

Why is it when there is real news about right-wing corrpution in the USA, we get this Anna Nichole crap?

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2007 19:30      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
Why is it when there is real news about right-wing corrpution in the USA, we get this Anna Nichole crap?

Because at this point, 'right-wing corruption' is like saying 'short midget' or 'skinny bulimic'. It's become par for the course.
Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged
WinterSolstice

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 934

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2007 19:34      Profile for WinterSolstice     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I only see one item on CNN about her.

Where are you seeing so much coverage?

--------------------
An operating system should be like a light switch... simple, effective, easy to use, and designed for everyone.

Posts: 1192 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
The Famous Druid

Gold Hearted SuperFan!
Member # 1769

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2007 19:53      Profile for The Famous Druid     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
There were only 2 interesting things about her in the first place.

--------------------
If you watch 'The History Of NASA' backwards, it's about a space agency that has no manned spaceflight capability, then does low-orbit flights, then lands on the Moon.

Posts: 10669 | From: Melbourne, Australia | Registered: Oct 2002  |  IP: Logged
alfrin
Uber Geek
Member # 3836

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 13, 2007 22:32      Profile for alfrin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

May not be on the news sites. But she's all over TV news. Its honestly sickening

--------------------
Art is Resistance / Resistance is Art

Posts: 813 | From: Nevada, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TheMoMan
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2007 09:35      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
CP____________________Before Haliburton the company was Becktel. Contractors for the Z-Bridge that almost fell down during construction and the failed Neuclear power plant in Midland, changed their name to Haliburtonand kept right on fleecing the good ole taxpayers.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5836 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 14, 2007 10:14      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by alfrin:
quote:
Originally posted by WinterSolstice:

May not be on the news sites. But she's all over TV news. Its honestly sickening
Especially when they show her flashing that freakish "smile" she did. Coverage has seemed to drop off fairly rapidly, but there were a couple of days where I kept seeing those images as I flipped through the channels. *shudder*

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aoi Suiren
Newbie Larva
Member # 7219

Rate Member
Icon 10 posted February 14, 2007 18:03      Profile for Aoi Suiren   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
http://blog.washingtonpost.com/benchconference/2007/02/the_antianna_agenda_for_journa.html

I could start with naval lint and the effects of gamma rays on man on the moon marigolds, but this list will do.

Colonel Panic

...I like that play... ^^

Personally I think this whole "astronaut love triandle" thing is a lot more interesting... it is just so weird... and kind of funny too. I am suprised no one had noticed some dazed looking woman driving across the country in a diaper and called the cops earlier! [Razz]

Posts: 8 | From: L.A. California | Registered: Feb 2007  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 14 posted February 14, 2007 18:24      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

...I like that play... ^^

Matilda, dear, is that you?

[Wink] !

Colonel Panic

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
drunkennewfiemidget
Member # 2814

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 15, 2007 09:44      Profile for drunkennewfiemidget     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
You want 10 things more interesting than Anna Nicole Smith? I got 10 for you:

1. Belly button lint.
  2. Watching paint dry.
  3. Turning on the oven, opening it, and watching the linoleum curl.
  4. Arguing over who was the best power ranger.
  5. Eating cardboard.
  6. Licking stamps.
  7. Toejam.
  8. Studying the mating habits of dustmites.
  9. Scraping the shit out from under your fingernails.
  10. Watching a pot boil.

Posts: 4897 | From: Cambridge, ON, Canada | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture