homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Someone save me

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Someone save me
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 09:41      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Note: Whining ahead:

I've been on shift for 27 hours. I'm on my 7th pot of coffee. I've just sent one of my troops out to "acquire" me some good fresh coffee cause this shit I'm drinking tastes like dirt. She's been gone for 45 minutes now and I seriously think my computing power has diminished considerable.

My replacement, who was supposed to be here 9 hours ago, had to go out on a convoy to pick up another convoy. He wont be back for another 4 hours.

I'm tired. My eyes burn and, though I dont think I've lost the feeling in my ass, I think I may have stopped caring about the feeling of my extremities from the waiste down.

What I need right now is some good coffee. Something warm, smooth and soothing. Something that doesn't taste like goat piss.

Note: I just hit Alt+S to try and send this message off.

dragonman97

SuperFan!
Member # 780

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 12:06      Profile for dragonman97   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me makes a cup of the good stuff for Jace. Drink up, man!

When I get coffee, it's nice coffee... [Smile]

--------------------
There are three things you can be sure of in life: Death, taxes, and reading about fake illnesses online...

Posts: 9332 | From: Westchester County, New York | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 12:14      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ouch , sorry to hear that.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 13:59      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Wow, 27 hours beats my record by six hours! Of course, I had to stand up the whole time, so there's that... I hope they give you extra day(s) off to help make this up. If they don't offer, be sure to ask. I insisted on a day off after my record shift and got it- without losing any of the brownie-points acquired by working a long shift.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 14:13      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
If we send you coffee, do you prefer pre-ground or whole bean?
Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 17:03      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ScholasticSpastic:
Wow, 27 hours beats my record by six hours! Of course, I had to stand up the whole time, so there's that... I hope they give you extra day(s) off to help make this up. If they don't offer, be sure to ask. I insisted on a day off after my record shift and got it- without losing any of the brownie-points acquired by working a long shift.

days off? unlikely.
ScholasticSpastic
Highlie
Member # 6919

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 17:23      Profile for ScholasticSpastic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
oooh, sorry! I spoke whereof I didn't know: Jace Raven is a Gummint Man. There is no salvation for the Gummint Men. I think I heard about the military working on ways to reduce the amount of sleep people can survive on. Personally, I think they should just raise military pay to encourage more quality recruits. Doing so would also forward my pinko-commy agenda by increasing the cost of war (and slightly, under another administration perhaps, discouraging it). I can offer no hope, only sympathy. Don't feel picked on, I want pay raises for everybody.

--------------------
"As in repeating a well-known song, so in instincts, one action follows another by a sort of rhythm; if a person be interrupted in a song, or in repeating anything by rote, he is generally forced to go back to recover the habitual train of thought..." (Darwin, The Origin of Species)

Posts: 540 | From: Vernal, UT | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted February 03, 2007 23:35      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by BooBooKitty:
If we send you coffee, do you prefer pre-ground or whole bean?

I like whole bean.

And days off? HAH! Right.

When I went through boot camp we were told as a marine we are only required 4 hours of sleep following every 24 hour period (read: 4 hours of sleep a day). I thought they were just trying to mess with our heads. Once we went into the field we were only allowed to sleep for four hours.

Then when I got out of boot camp everytime we went out to the field we were only allowed 4 hours.

Eventually you get used to it.

TheMoMan
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 1659

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 04, 2007 03:52      Profile for TheMoMan         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jace Raven_________________At one Naval hospitital I was stationed at the Leading Chief had a large hand truck, and depending on what watch section you were in, is where in the barracks your bunk and locker were put. Since I was PO of the barracks I had a room, but the old Chief had it right, the night check people needed an area that was undisturbed.

--------------------
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Benjamin Franklin,

Posts: 5848 | From: Just South of the Huron National Forest, in the water shed of the Rifle River | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged
Tominfla
Geek
Member # 6767

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted February 06, 2007 17:05      Profile for Tominfla     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
/me sends Jace some Gevalia whole-bean Jamaica Blue Mountain.

Drink up. Cheers! [Smile]

--------------------
"Go get that Earth creature and bring back the Uranium Pew36 Space Modulator" -- Marvin Martian

Posts: 245 | From: Orlando, Florida, USA | Registered: Jan 2007  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture