homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » On the heels of their stellar Zune introduction ...

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: On the heels of their stellar Zune introduction ...
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 12 posted January 30, 2007 21:20      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Viola!

Vista!

http://www.appleinsider.com/article.php?id=2456

I particlularly like this part:

"The software giant may even have inadvertently discouraged the technically savvy from buying into its plans by seemingly punishing those who buy upgrade copies of Vista. A thorough look at the End-User License Agreement for the Microsoft package has revealed that the license key for an existing version of Windows becomes invalid the moment a Vista upgrade is installed. This would all but make it illegal in the company's eyes to use the earlier software, even on the same system as part of a multi-boot solution."

It's like Dick Cheney is running the marketing department at Micro$oft. Then again its not like folks there worship a different god.

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
stevenback7
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 5114

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2007 08:27      Profile for stevenback7   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
who really cares about the windows agreement? i don't think their is one computer geek out there who hasn't broken a windows copyright law !! and if u havent i stongly urge you to buy vista and make it dual boot.

--------------------
Comic Book Guy: There is no emoticon for what i'm feeling.

Posts: 1199 | From: Canada eh? | Registered: May 2006  |  IP: Logged
BooBooKitty

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 5566

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2007 08:56      Profile for BooBooKitty     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
recently found on digg.com:
http://blogs.msdn.com/hans_vb/archive/2006/06/03/615869.aspx

Als, I was just talking to a friend this morning. He was telling me that a friend of his tried to install Vista on his Mac. Vista somehow went beyond the boundaries of the partition (don't know what the technical term for this would be) which caused some really bad things to the Mac OS. Needless to say, he had to re-install OSX on his machine because of Vista.

Maybe Vista is a trojan for Macs?

Posts: 796 | From: Montreal, Canada | Registered: Aug 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stereo

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 748

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 31, 2007 09:41      Profile for Stereo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
So I read the comments, and there was a reference to a C-net poll about buying Vista. First my memory failed, and I went to cnn and found (and filled) a similar poll. with about 14 000 answers, 18% answered they don't use Windows. Then I found the C-net poll, and there were a full 48% stating they use a Mac or plan to get one. Ok, it's absolutely not scientific, but those are still big numbers.

--------------------
Eppur, si muove!

Galileo Galilei

Posts: 2289 | From: Gatineau, Quebec, Canada | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture