homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Dvorak on i Phone

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dvorak on i Phone
Colonel Panic
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1200

Icon 2 posted January 17, 2007 16:54      Profile for Colonel Panic         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Sometimes I wonder how the Prime Minister of the Impending Doom for Apple keeps his job.

Then I realize, all Steve Jobs has to do to be successful is read what this fellow and do the exact opposite.

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/story/steve-ballmer-iphone-reality-distortion-field/story.aspx?guid=%7B44E59588%2D47B0%2D48F7%2DB66F%2D0CA7CA05D521%7D

CP

--------------------
Free! Free at last!

Posts: 1809 | From: Glacier Melt, USA | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Snaggy

Sir Snaggalot!
Member # 123

Member Rated:
Icon 12 posted January 17, 2007 18:01      Profile for Snaggy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
 -
Posts: 7836 | From: Canada | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
Richard Wolf VI
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 4993

Icon 2 posted January 17, 2007 19:26      Profile for Richard Wolf VI   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Poor guy...
I wish he doesn't still believe the mouse is an experimental device that nobody would like it. [crazy]
I used to like his colums (that might be because the Spanish translation of PcMag makes him look more wise) but now I know how stubborn he is. [thumbsdown]

--------------------
The same old iWanToUseaMac... Who am I fooling? I'm getting a Wii now, iWanToUseaMac isn't :P
Get Opera. The best web experience.
Contest. Group. Success.

Posts: 1356 | From: Bogotá, Colombia | Registered: Mar 2006  |  IP: Logged
Tech Angel
Alpha Geek
Member # 908

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 18, 2007 09:57      Profile for Tech Angel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Panic:
Sometimes I wonder how the Prime Minister of the Impending Doom for Apple keeps his job.

It's only confusing if you believe he takes himself seriously -- that he himself believes what he writes. Apparently, he doesn't (remember this video clip?). Dvorak uses his own particular brand of "reality distortion field" to keep people reading his articles (the holy grail of any columnist) and we fall under his spell when we take his writing seriously and react accordingly. I tend to view his articles more as provocative entertainment than informational -- more inciteful than insightful.

--------------------
We must be the change we want to see in the world. -Mahatma Ghandi

Posts: 328 | From: the Great State of Confusion | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2014 Geek Culture® All Rights Reserved.