homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » Thinkature!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Thinkature!
supergoo

SuperFan!
Member # 2280

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 09, 2007 21:13      Profile for supergoo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
OMG this thing is fantastic.

Thinkature

It's like an internet whiteboard that works on any browser. You can make cards, draw arrows, instant message people, upload images, voice chat, IM and all sorts of other cool things. I had lots of fun with a friend chasing a shark picture with a dinosaur picture on the whiteboard.

It was written by two guys who graduated from my alma mater last year.

Go see!

~goo

--------------------
Y los sueños, sueños son.

Posts: 675 | From: Boston 'burbs | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged
Metasquares
Highlie
Member # 4441

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 06:13      Profile for Metasquares   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Interesting. I notice they're using the silk icons, too [Smile]
Posts: 664 | From: Morganville, NJ | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted January 10, 2007 07:48      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Really a nice program for collaboration on the 'net.

It looks like something that has enough potential to become "big", as in widespread and common usage.

Thanks for sharing that one, goo.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
Ashitaka

SuperFan!
Member # 4924

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 10:34      Profile for Ashitaka     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
My last company had/has an app like this on all thier computers. It didn't use a web browser though. Basically any employee with a laptop could display thier laptop view on any other laptop in the company, anywhere in the world (as long as they could reach a phone line or internet). This worked well during conference calls.

This was very useful if one perty had software installed on thier computer that the other party did not so that the other party could se how data analysis in a program was done and not just the results.

--------------------
"If they're not gonna make a distinction between Muslims and violent extremists, then why should I take the time to distinguish between decent, fearful white people and racists?"

-Assif Mandvi

Posts: 3089 | From: Switzerland | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
Stibbons
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2515

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 11:09      Profile for Stibbons   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ashitaka:
My last company had/has an app like this on all thier computers.

That wasn't one of the Lotus ones (can't remember the name now, damn it). I had a play with that a couple of times and thought it was pretty useful.

Saying that, this is even more useful as it is free for everyone [Smile] Great for us students to help each other with work/plan pub-crawls/etc...

Posts: 1141 | From: UK | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged
Ugh, MightyClub
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 3112

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted January 10, 2007 11:13      Profile for Ugh, MightyClub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Thanks, Goo! This looks Mighty (ahem) useful. The only trouble I see so far is the box-connector arrows don't draw in Mozilla. Or rather, they draw, then disappear.

Hopefully as time goes on the tool will mature and get more refined.

--------------------
Ugh!

Posts: 1739 | From: Ithaca, NY | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

© 2015 Geek Culture