homeGeek CultureWebstoreeCards!Forums!Joy of Tech!AY2K!webcam

The Geek Culture Forums

my profile | directory login | | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Geek Culture Forums   » News, Reviews, Views!   » Your News!   » A kid picture.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: A kid picture.
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 13, 2006 21:09      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Finally, our youngest at home gets his High School graduation picture taken. Yesterday.  -
This is Alex and he wants me to tell you the wind was really rippin', causing his shirt to billow a bit at the waste. (He really is trim and in shape)

gg

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
skylar
BlabberMouth, the Next Generation
Member # 1422

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 03:03      Profile for skylar     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congrats gg, and Alex [Applause] ... that's fantastic! You must be really proud of him [Happytears]

--------------------
"arm, aber geeky"

Posts: 1994 | From: Deutschland | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 05:51      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Good looking kid there GG. [Applause]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 07:07      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
definitely a good looking kid.
any chance you'll be sending him to NC state for college? [Wink]

quantumfluff
BlabberMouth, a Blabber Odyssey
Member # 450

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 08:54      Profile for quantumfluff     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
GG: congratulations. besides a fine looking son there, you have a fine looking backdrop in your back yard. We city-folk don't get that sort of thing.
BA: He's probably pretty tasty - pre-seasoned with garlic. [Wink]

Posts: 2902 | From: 5 to 15 meters above sea level | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged
Sxeptomaniac

Member # 3698

Member Rated:
Icon 14 posted December 14, 2006 10:11      Profile for Sxeptomaniac   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Alex has my congrats as well.

Sounds like you're getting pretty close to an empty nest, gg. Got any plans for when you boot the last kid out? [Wink]

--------------------
Let's pray that the human race never escapes from Earth to spread its iniquity elsewhere. - C. S. Lewis

Posts: 1590 | From: Fresno, CA | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged
Black Widow
Uber Geek
Member # 3046

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 10:36      Profile for Black Widow     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
Got any plans for when you boot the last kid out? [Wink]

They'll probably fill his room with GarlicHead barbecue sauce. [Razz]
Posts: 931 | From: Missouri | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged
garlicguy

Member # 3166

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 10:58      Profile for garlicguy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well thanks for all the kind words, gang. I probably won't pass along the ladies' compliments on his looks... He's 18 and, well, that is about the last thing he needs to hear about now. [Roll Eyes]

We're quite proud of him; he's a very compassonate youngster and normally polite, respectful and considerate as well. These are values we've worked hard to instill in all of our kids, both natural offspring and our foster kids.

quote:
Originally posted by Sxeptomaniac:
Alex has my congrats as well.

Sounds like you're getting pretty close to an empty nest, gg. Got any plans for when you boot the last kid out? [Wink]

Funny you should mention this Sxepto. We've been 'empty nesters' several times over the years, but always manage to take in more kids. We get a lot of pressure to do so from the social workers.

Many of you are aware of this, (heck, you can find it on the 'About Us' page of the website), but we are establishing a place for young adults who age out of foster/institutional care to live and learn for another few years. What kid is ready to face today's world on their own, no parental support, no place to live during school breaks and holidays? Most importantly, no family to belong to or with?

So that's why we sell the sauce. If we ever turn a profit on it, it will be to fund our TCI operation. We presently have not accepted any government grants, etc. and hope to keep it that way. Buy lots! Or if you don't like garlic, feel free to send a tax-deductible contribution to: Transitions Center for Independent Living, Inc.
P.O. Box 1245
Polson, MT 59860

ba: Alex would love to become a Tarheel (note the predominant color in his shirt) but is not academically gifted. He may attend a community college here, or a state University or a technical school. Which is fine, because he really needs a few more years in the safety of our incubator.

--------------------
I don't know what I was thinking... it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Posts: 3752 | From: Pluto, no matter what you call it, is still my home. | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged
SpazGirl
Assimilated
Member # 4915

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 11:19      Profile for SpazGirl   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Awesome on both accounts GG. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Things, and things.

Posts: 465 | From: Ypsilanti, MI | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged
zesovietrussian
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 1177

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 13:36      Profile for zesovietrussian     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by business attire:

Whoa, easy there! One at a time, eh? [Razz]
Posts: 1094 | From: Boston | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged
Jace Raven

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan!
Member # 2444

Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 14:30      Profile for Jace Raven         Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:

Hey Now. What's all this about.

Congrats GG. Great Pic!

business attire
Highlie
Member # 6102

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 15:44      Profile for business attire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
quote:

I can joke around, can't I? Sheesh!
Astronomer Jedi
Highlie
Member # 4699

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 14, 2006 23:17      Profile for Astronomer Jedi   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jace Raven:
quote:

I can joke around, can't I? Sheesh!
Jace, she just needs something to do while you're not around. [Razz]

--------------------
Estne volumen in toga, an solum tibi libet me videre?

Posts: 606 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged
Rhonwyyn

Solid Gold SuperFan!
Member # 2854

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 15, 2006 00:18      Profile for Rhonwyyn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Tech Angel's link to the Cupertino leak led me to this story about foster care gone wrong. It's so sad! Gg, what you and your missus are doing is such a good thing! Those kids are certainly benefiting from your labors of love!

--------------------
Change the way you SEE, not the way you LOOK!

Posts: 3849 | From: Lancaster, PA | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged
GrumpySteen

Solid Nitrozanium SuperFan
Member # 170

Icon 1 posted December 15, 2006 07:14      Profile for GrumpySteen     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Congratulations to you and your youngest, GG. [thumbsup]

--------------------
Worst. Celibate. Ever.

Posts: 6364 | From: Tennessee | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged
stringlion
Mini Geek
Member # 4767

Rate Member
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 18:25      Profile for stringlion     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
my name's alex too!!!
Posts: 94 | From: NYS, US | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aditu
SuperBlabberMouth!
Member # 2340

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 30, 2006 18:32      Profile for Aditu     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
It is a wonderful photo. You have a lot to be proud of..... sorry had to go stick D-M back in bed. We are at different ends of the spectrum LOL 3 vs 18
Posts: 1355 | From: Osten Ard | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged
Luke Skywalker
Assimilated
Member # 3096

Member Rated:
Icon 1 posted December 31, 2006 14:20      Profile for Luke Skywalker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Jeff, I got beef with ya too on the State bit, plus, you forgot about us engineers *glares*

--------------------
Use the Force, Luke.

Posts: 406 | From: The Line Between Time and Space | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged

All times are Eastern Time  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Geek Culture Home Page

2015 Geek Culture